DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, it depends, it can be grain (rye one is quite harsh if sweetish) or potato, 75% is very watered one, then it depends which Polmos has launched it. The smoothest spirits come from Zielona Góra and Lublin.

Maybe the method of serving was wrong? Best if well chilled and from 30 ml glass, never go for 50 ml, it will be more burning, and always before swallowing take a deep breath, and have the glass of water or something to eat.

What is the reason for banning it, btw?

While we're on scotch, which I've just recently gotten into within the past year, where do you lot think Glenmorangie (my fave) stands?

I like their line. Pretty good every day scotch. I'd have a bottle in my decanter any day. The bottle of Glenmorangie Elegance is one of my all time favorite Scotches.

If you haven't yet tried Balvenie, please do. If you like Glenmorangie, you'll LOVE the Balvenie.

If you can, try the Port Wood Finish, as it's very similar. You'll have fun comparing!

I'm drinking Wine by Joe Pinot Noir--decent initial scent/flavor that is an accurate representation of the varietal, but it falls quite short on the finish. We've just ordered a huge pizza w/shrooms-n-sausage. I need it, as this has been one craptacular day! :thumbdown:

We ordered a local brand called Pointer's. I loves me some Pointer's pizza! Just finished my 3rd slice. The Wine by Joe got progressively worse as it was exposed to air, finally resulting in a supermarket-tasting swill of alcoholic asstasticness. Just say no to Wine by Joe!!!

Crappie fishing today! :thumbup: What a wonderful day on the lake. The fish were biting and the Loons are out doing the nesting thing. Time to relax and try some Montmartre, for the first time. Happy Friday !! :cheers:

Nice, LeRoy. Best crappie fishing I ever experienced was near Sardis, MS. Other than Maggie the Cat, it's the only good thing Mississippi has (well, had since Maggie is in Montana). ;)

A very nice glass of the Proto 31 Verte. Is is getting much better every week. :cheers:

swill of alcoholic asstasticness. Just say no to Wine by Joe!!!

I must find a reason to use that phrase! :laf:

Starting the night off by finishing my Ike bottle from last June.

Stone Imperial on tap, followed by an Aventinus Eisbock at The Archer Alehouse this evening.

All's right back in the rainy wetlands tonight. :cheers:

Someone went nuts with the geeky special effect which understandably piss off a few people around here. However, if you watch it, notice Anthony Bourdain's reaction to the pre-ban being louched-up. He is obviously impressed with the process and the beverage.

Been a busy few days. Thursday night, my wife and I drove down the the Eastern Shore (MD) for my Grandad's funeral on Friday morning.

We drove back last night, then the wife had to get up this morning and drive to Pittsburgh for her twin's bridal shower. She was originally going to fly, but her flight was cancelled 30 minutes prior to departure, and the next flight would have gotten her into Pitt well after the shower would have been over.

So, tonight, I am relaxing with a flight of Jades and hoping that her drive back tomorrow won't be too painful. Although, knowing Western PA's penchant for always having at least 5 million road projects going on, I'm sure she'll be frazzled by the time she makes it back.

Phew! :cheers:

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

Meat market; Oscar Wilde; Crypt

7:00pm on ch 88 cable. Rerun with a section on Absinthe. :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up. I've got The Travel Channel on right now. :cheers:

April Brewfest at the farmer's market in East Bumfuck today, so I'm sure I'll be drinking a variety of tasty malt beverages.

I won't forget to slip Skip a PF 1901 sample, Bluescat.

Skip's even more "eccentric" than usual on absinthe, in an amusing, balztrippin'™ kinda way. :twitchsmile:

As yesterday was a rather annoying day at work, my daughter (who is currently living with me) and I had a round of lemon drops, our personal favorites.

The lemons in the stores are so small and dry. However, there is a yard on the other side of the fence from the complex where I work that has a giant lemon tree. Two of the guys I work with drove the forklift over and picked a bag of fresh lemons for me on Friday. They were so huge and juicy! (I suppose some perv on this forum is going to use this last line to their best advantage)

Lemon trees in the neighbor's yard? I love L.A.! :yahoo:

I won't forget to slip Skip a PF 1901 sample, Bluescat.

Skip's even more "eccentric" than usual on absinthe, in an amusing, balztrippin'™ kinda way. :twitchsmile:

Brewfest at a Farmers Market- don't have that here! Glad to hear that you will take care of Skip......hope he enjoys it! Maybe you should share an Abyss with him to show him what he really should brew up..... :thumbup: He does have a good dark Irish stout right now though.

The beer I'm eating right now (and I do mean eating...it's like malt pudding) is so good it calls for a poem.

Six beers the limit set by the brewery in stone

Five bought by the Chicagoan to bring to his gray home

One beer for the Elfn king on his Cold Mountain throne

None for stingy Absomphe in his deep Abyss alone

In the Land of Munster, where the brewers lie

One beer to brew them all

One beer to find them

One beer to drink them all

And in the Darkness bind them

In the Land of Munster, where the brewers lie

I'd include a photograph, but the Dark Lord is so black no light escapes its grasp.

You literary clowns are so cool!

Hey T, I thought it was pretty good. The effects DID annoy me. As in perpetuating the myth. TV stuff.

I like Tony, too. From this 'Merican's perspective, his program "Why the French don't suck" was wonderful. It really made me want to visit mthuilli's fantastic table or Luc's lovely shop. Some day I hope.

Brewfest at a Farmers Market- don't have that here! Glad to hear that you will take care of Skip......hope he enjoys it!

I would have taken care of Skip, if the rat bastid had bothered to show up, but nooooo, he just sent his minions to do his evil bidding, Mr. I'm a part owner now...the only beer of Waterstreet's represented was the Queen Nina IPA, which was delicious, but nothing new for me.

The other beers I sampled includedAlpine Brewing's Weizenbock (a pale version), Anacortes Pucker Up, a yeasty Belgian style sour beer, Birdsview Scraps (another Belgian style, this time a triple), and their Sweet Molly, a molasses enhanced strong brown ale, Boundary Bay Oak Aged Cabin Fever, Diamond Knot Industrial IPA, Elliot Bay Hop von Boorian, an Imperial IPA, but primed with a Belgian yeast. That combination really worked well, and this beer was my pick of the festival.

The list continues with Flyer's Pacemaker Porter, and Afterburner IPA, Issaquah's Menage a Frog Belgian triple style ale, and North Fork Red Eye, a strong red ale/IPA hybrid.

The festival was a terrible miscalculation, as far as space was concerned...I've never been to a more overcrowded event, and it was a virtual sea of humanity, but somehow I really enjoyed going with the flow, while a few of my younger acquaintances just couldn't handle the extremely claustrophobic atmosphere.Hopefully, next year they'll expand the fest out to the ample parking lot.

Last festival here looked the same-people all penned in to too small of an area for us.

Short Island Iced teas today....my I forgot how amazing these are. :devil:

Absomphe, you old goat! You go to an overcrowded public event and you won't make it to an absinthe event? I have a good mind to smack you with the bottom of my shoe.

Normally I would, sweetheart (in a heartbeat). The scheduling has sucked for me. The April WS fest was during the opening of my directorial debut and the May WS fest will be during graduation activities. However, in three weeks....summer vacation begins! :yahoo: I plan to go to Tales of the Cocktail and any other absinthe event (except pricy Boveresse) that comes my way during the summer. Ya hear that kids? Throw a party and let the Nymph invade!