DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

No hangovers experienced from absinthe here either, and I have had a few nights with more than a few too many. Absinthe also seems to help relieve my stress headaches (as does plymouth gin) - not sure why.

Nymph...your new avatar is going to drive me to distraction (and what with gas prices these days in Cali...)! I love it!!

I have yet to have a hangover from Absinthe. When I tried the Trul Absinth, I did get a horrible headache the next morning. Lesson learned !

Hi Shabba (post#8486)

Thanks for the input and if my taste turns towards gin I will give you're Plymouth a try.

Hey OMG (post#8487)

Thanks and :cheers: to you sir.

Hey T (post#8488)

Thanks but you know for a minute there, I though it was me.

This stuff just keeps better and better. I'm also looking at some glasses at La Maison d' Absinthe. It's not just the Absinthe that bleeds the bank account it's the fucking accessories. I have all the glasses I need. But there are two at La Maison and I want 4 of each.

:cheers: to all

Very interesting to hear that there are others who haven't recieved a hangover from absinthe. This very thing crossed my mind for the first time today at work and I was wondering if it was just me.

Another new experience I had was on the day my first order arrived. I would normally never drink earlier in the day as I did, but I felt like a kid on Christmas and just had to sample some with a friend. We each had 3 glasses and both noticed that when the alcohol had worn off that we didn't need a nap. I don't know of any other alcohol that treats me so nicely. :)

I will torture him with ABBA.

You might enjoy the link at the end of the "Sipping Absinthe, Listenin' To Music" thread, if you are fan of '70s fashion non-sense (which ABBA strongly implies), and torture (which we all enjoy, I'm sure).

I'm surprised it hasn't provoked SOME sort of reaction......tough crowd, I guess.

Oh, and no hangovers here either....except in the dark ages (see KOSG).

Edited by chimera

I've never been to Montana. It could be a definite possibility. You're not going to make me fish, are you?

Not unless you want a fish dinner. B) Tea for me tonight, someone has to man Norad.

I have a question. From yesterday afternoon to about 1:00am I had 4 drinks of LCB. That's a full 8oz glass of Absinthe and no hangover. This is not a complaint mind you I do get hangovers. Just to date not with Absinthe. Anyone else,any thoughts I find it curious. :g:

Things that have never given me hangover:

absinthe, of course :)

Rectified spirit, no matter if neat or diluted :devil:

"Czysta z czerwoną kartką" vodka,

any vermouth, no matter of the quantity, but the genuine one from Italy

Red or white wine, maybe Beaujolais Nouveau stuck in my head once

Pastis Prado

Great avatar, Nymph!

Tea for me tonight, someone has to man Norad.

Santa's testing a new sled? :yahoo:

Better count the reindeer. Preacher's got quite an appetite.

Chimera: I'm the bubbly blonde village idiot of WS. I spout nonsense. It is better if I'm ignored or given a friendly pat on the head every once in a while. Absomphe punishes me by witholding pork rinds.

I'm drinking orange juice. All my students are coming by my desk and coughing on me. One of them brought me a baby bird yesterday that had been flung out of the nest. I took it home, dug in the garden for worms and fed the little thing. He was still alive this morning. If I can keep him alive until his wings mature, I'll just release him.

Thanks, Martin. He is in a comfy cardboard box with an old t-shirt for a nest. He is a greedy little bird who gobbles up all the worms I give him. I think he will be safe to release in a few days.

I'm the bubbly blonde village idiot of WS. I spout nonsense. It is better if I'm ignored or given a friendly pat on the head every once in a while.

Not a single word of that is true, of course. She is highly regarded for bringing a delightful personality to what we are all doing here. Learning more.

Wasn't everything in black and white back then?

Not as black and white as those deguerrotypes of my childhood.

Chimera: I'm the bubbly blonde village idiot of WS. I spout nonsense. It is better if I'm ignored or given a friendly pat on the head every once in a while.

I agree with T73 that that is like totally so not true.

However, I am the auburn menace of WS. I spout foolish ideas and pass them off as truth to unsuspecting n00bs. I am a grave danger to the WS and one's sanity. I am best avoided. Fortunately, due to my abrasive online persona, most people do this naturally.

Oh, just on thread oh so very briefly, I'm drinking something green. :dev-cheers:

PF 1901, speaking of something green.

I used to be very skeptical of the Jades' aging capabilities, but no longer.

The current bottle I'm slowly working on was first opened in early December, and its contents continue to mellow, and improve.

I have had an absinthe hangover. An evil, wanted to stay in bed and die hangover. Instead I had to get out of bed and perform in a matinée of "Wonder of the World". In actuality we were all still drunk from the night before. I was not the only cast member suffering but that didn't help much. The lesson to be learned here is not to attempt to finish off all the bottles with "just a little bit left" in one evening.

I'm drinking something pleasantly green this fine eve. :cheers: