DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Off to The Archer Alehouse, where I'll probably raid Steve's backroom stash.

Time for a 2002 Leviathian Oak Aged Barleywine, methinks.

Happy Friday, kiddies! :cheers:

More Bombay Sapphire and tonic. There was no Blue coat or Rangpur at my favorite retail package store as they are called here. I like this stuff. This post and anything posted later will be under severe influence of the drink. I guess we can call it "my bad" if it may offend anyone's delicate sensibilities. :)

To Friday night and good people :cheers:

Trying Verte de Fougerolles 72 for the first time tonight. Heady stuff! :cheers:

Now to make dinner....hopefully I won't burn anything.

Yes, please keep the flames away from your VdF! Have you had the Duplais? They remind me of one another.

Yes, please keep the flames away from your VdF!

Horrors!

Have you had the Duplais? They remind me of one another.

Yes I have, and indeed! I agree. They both have the same kind of....uhm.....misty muscle.

Did I say that? :twitchsmile:

Here's the beauty of this weekend. We went to a 'townie' bar (which is the authentic Lock Haven), then came back to the hotel room and I shared with three of my rugby buddies some Perique and some 1901. All three were stupified. All they were familiar with was assbinthe, so they were very impressed by Ted's absinthe, but at the same time, they were absolutely astounded by the Perique! :cheers: More converts!!!

P.S. - I'm getting spoiled up here. $5 pitchers, as opposed to $12 martinis in DC...

Good to hear Shabba

I have tried to introduce Absinthe to many of my friends and most don't even care to wonder what it is.Central MN ,everyone just want cheap beer and a bar!!It would be nice to have a drink with someone else.And I know you are out there!!! :cheers:

More Bombay Sapphire and tonic. There was no Blue coat or Rangpur at my favorite retail package store as they are called here.

To Friday night and good people :cheers:

:cheers: to you too! Here is why you couldn't find Bluecoat........

Bluecoat American Dry Gin is now available for purchase in the following states:

Delaware

New Jersey

Pennsylvania

Buy Bluecoat American Dry Gin online:

Witty's (we used them)

WineChateau.com

Shoppers Vinyard

Tanqueray Rangpur should be available though. :wave2:

Stone Imperial Stout on tap turned out to be in The Archer alehouse lineup, so my plan's to raid the sacred refrigerated back room were put on hold.

The stuff is WAY better on tap than it is in the bottle, to the point where it gives the bottled Bell's Expedition a serious run for its money...much as I despise Greg Koch, I have to give his kegged Imperial Russian two thumbs way up, damnit.

Looked up the Archer Alehouse.......sounds very nice. Sounds like you made the right choice tonight. It is fun looking up the places you haunt.

Just a martini here tonight to test Regans bitters.

Ah, community theatre. :twitchsmile: You never know what you'll get.

Jade for Maggie. Blanchette for me. Two or three more and I'll be able to process what I saw tonight.

...I shared with three of my rugby buddies some Perique and some 1901.

Just received three bottles of the 1901 from our friends at LdF. You could say I'm a fan! :cheers:

Forgive me, but when you speak of Perique, are you referring to the drink or the smoke?

Also, what's rugby? :blink:

There is a liquor called Perique that is made from the tobacco. It is fairly new. I haven't tasted it, but the reviews have been great.

Last night my friend Mark and I got drunk with a bunch of Craft Brewing types.

http://www.dogfish.com/news/Dogfish_Night_...70420/index.htm

Claus Hagelman who is the national sales manager for Dogfish Head asked me to bring some Absinthe so I took some lab samples of l'Artisanale clone, IC4, and a Marseilles clone to the event.

The Absinthe was a big hit with these folks. Many of them had never tasted Absinthe before and they all seemed to be very impressed.

I got to taste several DFH products for the first time including the new "Red and White" .

There was also a bottle of Hazelburn single malt Scotch on hand. It is made without any peat and was very delicious.

I vaguely remember talking to the guy who makes Arrogant Bastard and the brew master from the Stone brewery. I woke up this morning with a bunch of strange business cards stuffed in my pockets.

At the end of the night DFH founder Sam Calagione poured me a small glass of vintage Ballantine's Burton Ale. The label said that it was brewed in 1934 and bottled in 1948. Very tasty.

It was a rare night out for me. I had a lot of fun and met some nice people.

I tell ya, Bluecoat makes a GREAT G&T! I'm definitely a fan. Not the normal Dry Gin, but VERY VERY good! Now, back to imbibing! :cheers:

Glad you like it Shabba. Mine is disapearing at a fast rate, I should have gotten two bottles like Sonny Mann and Bluescat.

I'll be interested in what other concoctions you come up with using the Bluecoat. Keep us informed.

It all sounds wonderful eric!

l'Artisanale clone, IC4, and a Marseilles clone to the event.

Does this mean there will be more l'Artisanale available at sometime in the future, or have I missed out on that offering in perpetuity?

At the end of the night DFH founder Sam Calagione poured me a small glass of vintage Ballantine's Burton Ale. The label said that it was brewed in 1934 and bottled in 1948. Very tasty.

I was given two bottles of the same vintage by a very good friend (mine was bottled in 1946, I believe), in 1974, and they were both in remarkable condition.

It's amazing what a really extended aging can do for most any alcoholic beverage.

Tonight (and until my first bottle of Absinthe arrives hopefully by the end of the week), I'm enjoying a martini made with Svedka vodka. I'm usually a Ketel One man, and though I have plenty on hand, I find Svedka to be pretty smooth when kept in the freezer.

Now I just wish I had some bleu cheese stuffed olives...but alas -- I have to go with the basic piemento stuffed.

And just one drink for now since my friend and I are going to see The Host shortly.

Getting ready for a 1901.

:cheers: to that!

Tonight, the Jade Holy Trinity (IMHO):

1901, Edouard, Verte Suisse

Three, it's a magic number.

:worshippy:

FYI

La Clandestine and Perique do not play well together. They started off as fast friends got a long famously. But it wasn't long before they turned into the Gotti kids. Things got so bad that everybody, Gotti kids, everybody had to go. So tonight seltzer and tomorrow I'm stick en with the home team no outsiders, no mingling.

TR. out

Tonight (and until my first bottle of Absinthe arrives hopefully by the end of the week), I'm enjoying a martini

That one martini has to last you the entire week? Man...now that's a martini! Gotta love the vodka martini, don't you? :devil:

Getting ready for a 1901.

:cheers: to that!

Tonight, the Jade Holy Trinity (IMHO):

1901, Edouard, Verte Suisse

Three, it's a magic number.

:worshippy:

Yes! I'm down to only one of the three though, the Eddie filling my glass at the moment. Very good way to end the night. :thumbup:

Gotta love the vodka martini, don't you? :devil:

You are a very evil man, Martin Lake. E-V-I-L!

(Do a search, Vic. This place goes ga-ga over vodka vs gin Martini debates!)

Um, after the 1901, I had a glass of the Proto 31 Verte and then something else that was green but I don't think I noticed what the hell it was. I think a Duplais is in order. :cheers:

There is a liquor called Perique that is made from the tobacco. It is fairly new. I haven't tasted it, but the reviews have been great.

Horrible, just horrible... I would never put my cigar in a glass of alcohol, then store it in a cellar for a couple of weeks, and later invite som friends for THE big taste... Oh, by the way, maybe I do have som baaad friends... Hm... :devil:

(Do a search, Vic. This place goes ga-ga over vodka vs gin Martini debates!)

Ah...well I shouldn't be surprised. This is, if nothing else, a passionate forum when it comes to imbibing.

This may not be the right topic to say this but I swing both ways... I mean, with regard to martinis. I used to be a purist -- gin only! But now I actually enjoy both and keep Bombay on hand as well as my Ketel One.

I used to be a purist -- gin only!

And stay that way, it is much safer :) I like Bombay, too.

:blowup:

You cannot swing both ways with martinis.

Only one is a martini.

Seriously.

:hysterical2:

I used to get into SO many on-line arguments back when I was a gin-only man. I used to bartend back then too and it used to drive me crazy when someone would order a Martini and automatically expected it to be vodka. I will whole-heartedly admit that a true Martini is made with gin. But I love a good smooth vodka and I also love my martini glasses and I especially love any drink that comes with food that's not sweet. More drinks should be garnished with a skewer of something savory. Is it wrong to want a skewer of a few cubes of good rare filet dropped into a drink?

The Raw Bar here in Chicago has "oyster shots"...a shot glass with a raw oyster in it, filled with vodka and topped off with a few dribbles of Tabasco on top. Heaven in a shot glass!

Damn...now I want a gin martini! Curse you all for making me want such at 2:30am when I'm about to crawl into bed!