DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It's cold and drizzly here, and for some reason I've been in the mood for a glass of pastis all day. Now I'm home and I'm having a thick, sweet glass of "the national drink of marseille".

I guess that even after discovering absinthe, there are still times when pastis hits just the right spot.

jcb,

I like the 3-2-1 margaritas. They work quite nicely. The first time I made them, the only limes in the house were Key limes. Wow!

Shabba,

All 3 of those are terrific.

As for myself, EdPdF, it should take the edge off fairly well. B)

I'm having a few folks over for a birthday sampling Saturday. Three of us have birthdays this month and like Christmas, we have some good stuff stashed for April. We'll be having some of what Shabba is having. Saturday seems so far away all of a sudden. :twitchsmile:

:cheers:

Reason enough to wish you another great birthday celebration, OMG. :cheers:

The last drop of the La Valote. Dang. Time to find something else.

Thanks T73!

When I was a younger man, our buddies and I would have a birthday party about every three months. It never was anyones birthday but a good excuse to do what we did. The thing is, nobody could remember the previous party. Shame on us. :dev-cheers:

Now I'm sipping suisse La Bleue Marianne. My keyboard should be slurring. ;)

Thank goodness it isn't. :twitchsmile:

Wow ! It has been a busy week.No drinks tonight,just relaxing. I did put the monkeys on alert tonight :thumbup:

Eich, Balance, Montmartre and CCC .

Fly monkeys, Fly :cheers:

For me tonight a glass or two of Perique. I'm using the perique like lemon ices to cleanse my palit and prepare it for the next course. which is LCB from LDF to be opened on Friday night. Now one might ask isn't Friday night to far ahead to be cleansing now? Yes,yes it is. :cheers:

No excuses for what, praytell? :devil:

P.S...

If you're in North Carolina, I get your drift.

However, if you're in South Carolina, just suck it up, and order some, already! B)

Lord™ have mercy on yer soul :cool-reaper:

I'm sure it'll be a Dark day on the sun when that happens, but in the meantime, I've been consoling myself with Bell's Expedition, which I have a feeling is even more bettererer than his Lordship. :devil:

Had my first tipple of the Wormwood Blanche this evening. That's some great stuff! All wormwood, no pretense.

Followed up with some Duplais Verte.

Finished off my hockey season (poor pens :thumbdown: ) with some 1797 and L'Artisanale.

That's one hell of a tour! The only one I wasn't impressed with that much was the Wormwood Blanche. Not that it was bad, but it pales in comparison to the others you had that evening. Then again, I'm a verte kinda guy, on the whole.

L'Artisanale = :yahoo: best commercial I've had!!!

Too bad I housed my whole bottle very early in January. :blush: Should have bought 2.

It's a half-day for me today. I've been craving a nice, dry Italian red. I hammered my last bottle of Notapanero last weekend, though. Maybe a good Oregon Pinot?

Good looking out. Pennsylvania is a touch stupid though, as these wines are available through special order only. I just checked.

I'd get some Arak as well, but hey! -- that's not available in this state at all...

Edited by precenphix

Ahh, the glories of that mystical place are rich and numerous!!! You guys still on for Chianti South? I know we're going at least twice. Just to make sure this post is still on topic with the thread, they've got one hell of a wine list there. I know I'll be sipping something fine *that* evening.

Half-day's over! I'm out! Cheers!

My palate cleansed,my bottle of LCB beckons, and the green fairy is the Julia Roberts Tinker Bell from the movie Hook with Robin Williams & Dustin Hoffman.TGIF :yahoo: Now let my demons sleep and the fair wings flutter and when my drink is done, please pour me an other.

:cheers: To all

I'm weeelllllll into my evening. First a date and a tickle with the Princess (that be pivo, for anyone who thinks I'm further into my evening than the evening allows). Then a very tasty Neuberske wine from Moravia with dinner. Mixed and troubled a few green things that real agreed with each other. Helfrich and Ike particularly got along well. Now I've got to brace myself to face the bikers. Not yet ready to eat more pivo. Might take something green and see what the two wheel crowd makes of that. Not for them, just me. :devil:

More Bell's Expedition Stout.

Okay, I finally have to admit it to myself...this stuff really is better than The Abyss.

Much better, even. :twitchsmile:

Of all the times to not be able to get Bell's in Chicago. Curse the distributor who pissed the brewery off! Curse them!

Lord™ have mercy on yer soul :cool-reaper:

Don't tip your hand. It ain't happened yet.

Made my way up to Lock Haven PA today for the rugby tourney. First stop was the liquor store to pick up some Bluecoat Gin. Also brought up a flask of Perique and a bottle of 1901. Wanted to keep my options open. ;)

Mead. From the latest batch which is now beginning to age into something reeeally good.

Too bad that stuff takes so long to ferment out, and then to age. A long time ago I half-promised some friends to arrange a mead-fueled party at my place, but I just can't keep my hands off it long enough to build up a decent stash.

We may not be in "two thursdays in a week" or "hell freezes over" territory, but at the very least I need a bigger carboy so I can make a huge batch once and for all.

Otherwise, my guests will have to settle for absinthe.

Hi Shabba(post#8418)

What do you think of the Perique? I find it interesting but a tad on the sweet side. The mouth feel was good, but because of sweetness a tad thickish. Tweak both back a 1/2 or 1/4. the nose, best I can say is I liked it.The taste, was fruity with the tabaco taste hiding behind the fruitiness. Although I had to look for it, I enjoyed the discovery and it seemed to add an other level. All in all, I like it. I bought a flask for perique when I placed my order at LDF it seems they go together.Any thoughts Shabba, or anyone else. Imput of any kind is welcome.

Thanks

TR. out

Hi Shabba(post#8424)

Thanks. It seems my review wasn't the cap I though it was.My order was 2 bottles and I opened the first last night and it's going fast. It is a great sipping liqueur.

Hope you have a good weekend :cheers:

Made my way up to Lock Haven PA today for the rugby tourney. First stop was the liquor store to pick up some Bluecoat Gin. Also brought up a flask of Perique and a bottle of 1901. Wanted to keep my options open. ;)

Now those are some great options. We will be interested in your opinion of the Bluecoat Gin. We found it to be delicious-lots of fruit peel tastes with the juniper. Plus it is a beautiful bottle.