DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It depends how strong the antibiotics are. There are some that do not go well with alcohol, so get you tipsy just after first 50 ml, whereas others do co-operate. Always check if there are any interactions.

Well the entire alcohol thing is just a myth...sort of...at least according to WebMD.

It said that it's okay for most antibiotics, just don't over do it, and always see if your antibiotic warns against it. Turns out that mine does not, so I suppose that means I drank 25cls of Jade in one night :twitchsmile:

I'm a broke college student, so I try and conserve.

Oh, and I will check out probiotics for sure. The reason why I was put on antibiotics in the first place is because I have a Staph infection (which is almost an epidemic where I live)

How about a yard?

Those tend to be very inconvenient to transport, and might be in conflict with open container laws, anyway. ;)

Growlers, on the hand, are amazazing, but my favorite brewery arond here, The Northfork , doesn't dispense their wonderful barleywine that way, dang it!

My little sister is in town for the night, so I have been pouring two glasses at a time. So far,one each: the Ike, Duplais Verte, K53 and Monmartre, followed by Hendricks and a Laguvulin.

I'm done for the evening! :cheers:

Recently picked up growlers of Sweetwater Chipotle Porter and Dominion Espresso Stout. Gotta love the dark stuff. The spice from the porter works so well in cooking, and just as good in a pint glass. :cheers:

LDF has flagged N-O out of stock and Monday I place my order. What would be a good replacement. Perique already on my list and I'm ordering from LDF only

Edited by TR. WILLY

1901? Eddy? VS? No wrong answer.

Too much Chocolate malt, Le Gimp? I didn't think that was possible.

My little sister is in town for the night, so I have been pouring two glasses at a time. So far,one each: the Ike, Duplais Verte, K53 and Monmartre, followed by Hendricks and a Laguvulin.

I'm done for the evening! :cheers:

I'd be under the table, Sandy!

I tried the Monmartre again a couple weeks ago. I believe it is from one of the newer versions. To me, the cinnamon is still just too much. On the other hand, everything else on the list is a tasty treat for my palate!

Duplais Verte and Blanchette, tonight.

By this time tomorrow, I hope to be indulging in really fresh seafood. B)

Nuts! And rats too! I guess I'll be holding off on any ordering until it's back in stock. :no:

Tell us what else, besides Perique, that you are ordering and then we can make suggestions to round out your collection.

Doc,

Markus has plenty of the Nouvelle Orleans. Me I'm looking forward to a large goblet of mead tonight.

TR WILLY AB,

All of the Jade lineup is pretty darn good and would be a worthy replacement, although none is really similiar in flavor to the N.O..

Must be a gin night.....we also went for gin+tonics. First with tanguery 10 and then with the Bombay Sapphire. Saving the Rangpur and some green for the weekend. :cheers:

Lots of gin drinkers here. Myself, working on an Opera made with Martin Miller's gin. As with most cocktails, a bit on the sweet side for me, but very tasty.

I just received several bottles of Eichelberger absinthe (60 Verte, 70 Verte, 58 Blanche, and 80 Brut), courtesy of a traveling colleague and the very kind folks at the Eichelberger distillery. I plan to conduct a side-by-side with my existing bottle of Eichelberger 68 Limitée this weekend. Now there's a plan!

Must be a gin night.....we also went for gin+tonics. First with tanguery 10 and then with the Bombay Sapphire. Saving the Rangpur and some green for the weekend. :cheers:

I 'm drinking Bombay Sapphire also.. :cheers:

YES! They do sell to the USA. We're going to need a detailed report on each if you don't mind. Maybe you could start another thread.

I'm poised to order if the reviews are good. Auguru you da man! :cheers:

DW: I'm still stuck on Hendricks.

Yes Auguru we are waiting in anticipation....

MTG, my first bottle of Sapphire, definitely a step up from Bombay. Can't remember having Hendricks, might have, if I did, don't remember....does it come in a plastic bottle?

:tongue:

:cheers:

Nope no plastic. It comes in a really cool looking brown cylindrical apothecary style bottle encased in a green cardboard tube. Good stuff! It has a subtle cucumber flavor.

I'm going to try to sell a couple bottles on ebay, a duplais verte and a P31v . :laugh: How much do you think I'll get?

Well of course. I enjoyed the contents already. B)

They are up now. Do a search on ebay, "absinthe" they are on the last page. Let me know if I made any drunken mistakes, right now it seems as if my fingers are huge and the keyboard is very tiny, like a childs toy. :3872-DrunkBanana:

Well, so far this is doing better....

but hey if you make enough to buy another full bottle, you may have hit on a great way to support our drinking habit... :dev-cheers:

That's the plan. More absinthe $ for Markus and more absinthe for me! ;)

Thanks editor. The next drink's on me. :cheers:

Those tend to be very inconvenient to transport, and might be in conflict with open container laws, anyway. ;)
and your beer gets warmerer.

Tapped a keg of my first try at an Aventinus clone.
Oh, I do love that stuff.

That's not a problem for me, I like my beer warmererer.

Well, my strong stout, or ale, anyway, which is mostly what I drink.

Nuts! And rats too! I guess I'll be holding off on any ordering until it's back in stock. :no:

Tell us what else, besides Perique, that you are ordering and then we can make suggestions to round out your collection.

O.k. here's my order-Swiss,LP&LCD-French,E72&now the defunked N-O-Hybrid,Dup verte

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

TR. OUT

Tapped a keg of my first try at an Aventinus clone.

Aventinus Schneider Weisse

Too much chocolate and not enough malt. Next time I'll use more Munich malt and cut back on the chocolate malt. A warmer ferment would help too.

Of course, you picked the best, and most complex weizenbier on the planet (I know they call it a weisse, but that's only a location thing, it definitely has the strength, and body of a weizen).

Good luck with that. I know that when you've mastered the Aventinus, Key Luke from Kung Fu would say it would be time for you to leave.

Or, you could try freezing some of it, and shooting for the Aventinus Eisbock clone, instead. :)

I'm curious how this will affect Alabama's two main hobbies: hunting and driving. Every year we have numerous drunk hunting accidents. Since Nascar is big in the state, we have the Talledega 'short track' where the average Joe can test his racing abilities. This could be interesting........