DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, I chose the Haight for sight-seeing yesterday.

It was awful.

I was mugged. On Haight. They got away with my purse.

My ipod, hotel keys, and my flask of Perique.

I want to cry.

I hate The Haight.

Shoulda picked Chinatown.

Alyssa, that's terrible! Ugh, especially while on vacation. That sucks. I hope the police are able to track your stuff down. Best wishes to you, and I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your trip. :(

Thanks. I'm okay. Just tired and cranky. I couldn't get back into my hotel room until the wee hours of the morning. The manager was out at a family function, and didn't want to come and bring me another set of keys. I think I will just take a nap here on my office floor.

My oldest daughter's birthday today and I couldn't help myself, had to share some 1914 with her. Yum, yum!

That's what's being an absinthe Dad is all about :D

Well, I chose the Haight for sight-seeing yesterday.

It was awful.

I was mugged. On Haight. They got away with my purse.

I'm really sorry to hear that AD. That really is terrible. I hope things go better for you soon.

I hate The Haight.

It sure ain't the "Summer of Love" anymore, is it?

I feel terrible for you, Alyssa.

I hate when yet another act of mean spiritedness happens, and further justifies my misanthropy.

Except when it comes to the folks here, of course. :)

Incontrovertibly, the worse news of the day! We are very glad that YOU did not get hurt!

Just awful news, AD. Rat bastard who did this will rot somewhere beneath hell.

AD, my heart goes out to you. I know it doesn't change what happened, but I'd love to get together a bad ass absinthe posse to go out and louche the person who mugged you. Who's with me?

:torch:

:police: :pirate: :canadian: :euro: :afro: :ninja:

Wow, our posse is like the WS version of the Village People. How apropos. Hugs to you, AD. :wave2:

Sorry to hear all that about your misfortune, AD.

Thanks God you are safe. It looks like law and order is the same in every country and no one does nothing to keep the streets free from such parasites.

AD, my heart goes out to you. I know it doesn't change what happened, but I'd love to get together a bad ass absinthe posse to go out and louche the person who mugged you. Who's with me?

:torch:

:police: :pirate: :canadian: :euro: :afro: :ninja:

I am with you, but only if I get to be the ninja. I like how startled he looks. He shouldn't be startled, he's a ninja. He should be startling. Thus, my type of ninja.

...I don't know what I'm talking about. I just like the ninja. Ninja, ninja, ninja.

I am with you, but only if I get to be the ninja. I like how startled he looks. He shouldn't be startled, he's a ninja. He should be startling. Thus, my type of ninja.

...I don't know what I'm talking about. I just like the ninja. Ninja, ninja, ninja.

OK, Stomp, you are officially the startling ninja of our louche mob. I would like to be the pitchfork/torch character. Then I could go all medieval on the mugger's ass! :torch:

AD, I'm sorry to hear about the mugging. It's horrible. I've been there myself and that sort of shit is total weaksauce.

I want to be the afro guy.

Man, I just noticed how scraped up I am! That jerk!

You've got a great attitude about it all. :cheers:

Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone! Y'all are a great group. *sniff* :wub:

Now I am going to go over to a friend's for some rest and recovery. At least I have a friend up here. :)

Alyssa, that sucks. I rarely hear of muggings in San Fran, especially in the more tourist areas (oddly enough). This just supports my reasoning of a combination iPod (laptop, cellphone, whatever), tazer and DNA scanner. Not the person who owns the iPod? Time for a trip to the hospital with iPod shapped electrical burns on the hand and an irregular heartbeat.

Ironically I feel safer in San Fran than down in LA or the OC.

My Mom used to live on Haight in the 60s.

Now I am going to go over to a friend's for some rest and recovery. At least I have a friend up here. :)

I am writing you a prescription for plenty of booze, preferably absinthe, and a massage for your Mugger-Induced Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Also, given your losses, some retail therapy may be in order.

Sorry, Alyssa. :( Girls are allowed to cry after getting mugged. Guys have to wait until a piano falls on them. That really does suck.

Are you kidding? I got choked up just reading about this to Bluescat. Makes us feel really bad for someone we don't even know.

Makes one ashamed to be a human, also.

Alyssa, really sorry to hear about the mugging. I'd be happy to go vigilanty on the dumbshit's ass. I actually have experience intervening in a few thefts from when I lived in Prague. Can I be the guy with the 'coon skin cap? I've always wanted a 'coon skin cap. Or is that reserved for one our Canadian friends?

I always think of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett when I think of coonskin hats, PB.

Maggie and I are getting ready to visit Shai & Pensieve this evening. I think it's just possible, we might have a little drink while we're there.

Damn, Alyssa. Sorry to hear about that. Living in my tiny town, I've always been afraid of traveling to the 'big city' and getting mugged. I wish we were all there to comfort you and then.......all of us shoving a red hot poker up the mugger's arse.