DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A gallon of milk. In an hour. Whole milk, at that. :shock: Anybody who says it can't be done, I'd be happy to bet a bottle of your favorite drink. :cheers:

Maybe that way I can earn free absinthe for eternity, and simultaneously avoid any chance of osteoporosis. B)

Hmm... strangely exciting. :P I've learned not to underestimate, though. A lesson taught by a former girlfriend who, at 135 pounds and 5'3", could toss back a pitcher of beer before I could get through mug number three. Ah, memories... B)

Fin du Monde rocks, but I miss the Unibroue 11.

King? King of Beer or Beer of Kings?

I miss everything from Unibroue. Fucking Distributor got bought out and dropped them.

Half glass of a sample of Montpellier, now a glass of Apricot Ale (Home brew).

Celebrating in NW Montana! We finished the final dress rehearsal tonight and look to be in good shape for tomorrow's opening. Maggie is back on stage (I like that) and I'm trying to meld video and live theatre. Nothing like trying something new to get the the ol' blood pumping.

Start with a glass of of F Guy. I know not everyone at WS loves it but it's like comfort food to me.

Moving on to taste the Prototype from Markus. Something new in the theatre -something new in my glass. I'll let Maggie offer a description/opinion as she has a much more discerning palate than I'll ever have. Short story is, I like it.

:cheers:

T73

Oh, yeah... :wacko:

I wouldn't drink *anything* from Haiti. Ugh.

Come to think of it, if it's extremely high grain alcohol, with the lip and exterior of the bottle soaked in bleach, poured through a filter into a shot glass that's been surgically sterilized, I might drink it on a bet.

I mean a superior HG attempt at the original absinthe that existed prior to Pernod Fils and Eduoard Pernod splitting operations.

Do you mean the 1827 Couvet version, or by splitting operations do you mean when Edouard set up shop in Pontarlier to compete directly with Pernod Fils once they were acquired by Veil Picard? I'm just asking because I didn't think there was a point where Edouard ever made a brand of absinthe in conjuction with Pernod Fils and they were always split, the first Edouard being made once Henri-Louis gave the Couvet distillery to Edouard. Their history is complicated, maybe I'm wrong...

Oh, yeah, I drank paint thinner as a kid, too... but it was just to help the chips of lead paint that I had eaten pass more easily. Just the usual, nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't counting therapeutic use, you know.

Ack! I'm sick. There is some pretty hardcore sickness going around ASU-a lot of the kids even have mono. I had it when I was 17, so I'm praying that at least that part skips me, although I could use the 20 lb weight drop.

So just Nyquil for me tonight.

Maybe I'll put a little soda in it and pretend...

Have a drink for me!

*sniff*

There's some shit going around all over right now. It is running through my work, some schools, etc. One school shut down today because of an outbreak. It is basically a gastrointestinal virus, not the flu. If is what I had last week, you'll have a rough 4-5 hours of letting lose on both ends and then a mild fever and achey for a couple of days. Onset was really quick though.

Yep, we had that a couple of months ago. :puke: It was ferocious.

For now, it's just scratchy, dry throat, and goo for brains.

And so I am letting the tv babysit for me this afternoon. The girls are watching a broke-down animated version of The Odyssey. ...need...sleep...

Don't know if I am going to get to drink tonight or not..My daughter's gymnastics team is hosting a meet this weekend, so I have to work that,and her half sister and her family are visting for the weekend. This is the first time I have met them so it will be a pretty crazy weekend. I will definitely need a drink come Sunday night. :P

Put for the rest of you :cheers:

Ok whinners, settle down- I'm trying the Markus prototype tonight, ummmm. Opening the bottle it definetly does not have a strong alcohol smell like 72% Deva. Upon tasting it has undertones of Vin De Pays but smoother and a bit spicier. Kind of like well exactly what it is, a swiss verte. However I think it could age a bit more as it has a little bit of an edge. It also louches beautifully. I havent tried the Duplais but I am guessing it's very similar, just a higher alcohol level of 72% and for my money 72% is gooood. Other than that it's really delicious- :thumbup:

B) I'm in Wrayalien's camp, doing the Arak Razzouk because of the LDF airport

holding pattern on my latest order... I am still waiting for some Capricieuse 72, some Kübler 53, and hopefully I will provide a review on that new high octane Clandestine when it finally arrives..but the Arak is interesting :blink: and will get me thru this difficult time... :drunk:

I mean a superior HG attempt at the original absinthe that existed prior to Pernod Fils and Eduoard Pernod splitting operations.

Do you mean the 1827 Couvet version, or by splitting operations do you mean when Edouard set up shop in Pontarlier to compete directly with Pernod Fils once they were acquired by Veil Picard? I'm just asking because I didn't think there was a point where Edouard ever made a brand of absinthe in conjuction with Pernod Fils and they were always split, the first Edouard being made once Henri-Louis gave the Couvet distillery to Edouard. Their history is complicated, maybe I'm wrong...

He's talking the 1794 family recipe, before all else....

There's some shit going around all over right now. It is running through my work, some schools, etc. One school shut down today because of an outbreak.

I'm sure it's only bird flu. Or SARS. Maybe Ebola? Or maybe something entirely new that only knocks out your olfactory receptors so that you'll never again smell fennel, hyssop, anise, wormwood, or other herbal scents. It could be worse.

Geez, hope you all feel better soon.

Tonight I'm having a single glass of Schmitt Sohne Reisling with a vegetarian scampi. Slightly sweet, almost pearlike bouquet with a notes of maybe a Granny Smith apple. Pleasantly dry finish and any slight tartness disappears rapidly on the back and sides of the tongue, replaced again with pear in the nose and front of the mouth for just a moment or two before fading entirely. The effect makes you immediately want another sip.

Started off the night with a light 18% Eisbock. I'm trashed after one beer.

On to the second beer, a simple doppelbock. I may not make it to the third in the series, a simple bock.

Beer exchanges are such hard work, but someone has to do it.

Wow, I'm impressed, good memory Jetzer! Nope , looks like I am SOL on that order. I did get my order of the two bottles of prototype in 11 days via regular mail though. So I guess my number was up on that earlier order. I did order a bottle of White Fairy and Blanche de Fougerolles from LDF but also got the delayed notice. Any way I have the prototype to hold me over-

Interesting. I'm wondering if it's state or local law that makes that a necessity. Here in Florida (every county I'm aware of, anyway) you can legally buy a single of just about anything. Of course, we still have drive-through package liquor stores, too.

There are a few "dry" counties in Florida, and others where you can only buy beer or wine under a certain % of alcohol, but no liquor. No alcohol on Sunday here either; I think that's pretty standard in most parts of the state.

I guess I wouldn't mind being "forced" to fill up a six-pack though, as I've never availed myself of anything less anyway. :)