DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My wife just made a french toast casserole for tomorrow's breakfast and put some black-eyed peas to soaking in a pot for the hoppin' john tomorrow, I can't go through New Year's day without hoppin' john.

Well I have plenty of left-overs. :D

I never knew of this dish until I met my good friends from Texas in NM. In fact, I can't remember my Mom ever cooking up black-eyed peas. Oh, well, their loss.

Pretty certain I'll have pancakes tomorrow morning.

"Get on up..." playing on on KFJC. Turn it up!

Nevermind. I see it is a variation. Interesting recipe!

Edited by MASTERPC

I will finish off a bottle of La Clandestine. Then, some Un Emile, or something else... Maybe I can use the Un Emile to make the DITA with the cava.

Somewhere beyond my memory was a thread describing a variant on the Serpis + Red Bull combo: Serpis and Cherry Soda. I tried a Cherry Soda + Serpis + Red Bull = interesting. It was like having to reacquire a taste I had when I was fourteen, but I liked it. Tonight? My freshly opened bottles of ClB and Versinthe Blanche. I'm happy to report that my 3-bottle Duplais order showed up in Seattle before Christmas, where a student of mine picked it up and got back to BC, but the Canada Border Services f**ckers confiscated the sample bottles of VdF, BdF, and Elixir du Pays des Fées. A**holes. Ah well, I shall usher in the New Year with a couple of blanches. Cheers + HNY!

I'm drinking old beer and such.

1996 Thomas Hardy's

1996 Samichlaus

1914 cahche

I need to go dig up something else old. Maybe an old Quadurple.

I'm happy to report that my 3-bottle Duplais order showed up in Seattle before Christmas, where a student of mine picked it up and got back to BC, but the Canada Border Services f**ckers confiscated the sample bottles of VdF, BdF, and Elixir du Pays des Fées. A**holes.

What? Why? What grounds did they have/give for doing that? They have the right to charge you duty if the amount exceeded the allowable limit (which it did), but not to confiscate.

Edited by Stomp Brockmore

2nd glass of Korbel (thanks for the advice on not using the better bubbly). First one topped of with CLB and this one with CLB put in first. Quite nice, actually! Thanks, Hiram for the DITA scoop!

Pretty nice going there, LG. I may drink in this fashion a couple more go rounds.

Pure, unalduterated FG on ice. Not how it should be consumed but after the DITAs, I really don't give a fuck! HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN EVERYONE!

Clamsinthe LB

L'Artisinal

Wormood Blanche

Dragonfly

Verte Lune

a sweet, anise heavy Lyon

Duplais

stumble...

Way to keep it real, and on track, kitty! :cheers:

Don't know what I'll have later. But right now I'm having a can of Mountain Dew Pitch Black, my favourite soda EVER. Since sales were crappy last year I suspected it wouldn't be sold again this past Hallowe'en season and I was right. So I saved three cans. The one I opened tonight is still good. I don't know when I'll open the next two. :cheers:

Yep! Its my idea of stocking rarities. Its expiration date was January 30, 2006.

Edited by peridot

Somewhere beyond my memory was a thread describing a variant on the Serpis + Red Bull combo: Serpis and Cherry Soda. I tried a Cherry Soda + Serpis + Red Bull = interesting.

I may need to do a Philly variation on this with some Serpis and Franks Black Cherry Wishniak...

DITA -- Un Emile and some Martini & Rossi Asti. It was the only one that wasn't Brut at world market when I was there today. Need some bitters. Also stocked up on some cheap spanish wine!

At that link you can order a free book on spanish wine, they will ship it to you. It's great.

What? Why? What grounds did they have/give for doing that? They have the right to charge you duty if the amount exceeded the allowable limit (which it did), but not to confiscate.

This is what happens when you get a young person who lacks experience in dealing with Customs, to carry bottles back. I don't know what happened exactly - only that he let them confiscate my samples. He's a Mexican citizen with a US passport and a student visa in Canada, so he probably didn't want to push it or pay the extra money. Too bad. :glare: