DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I think that cat is trippin ballz. B)

Having a blanche sent by a friend far far away. It's very good.

This morning I ordered two glasses and drippers made by this guy:

post-685-1166489710_thumb.jpg

I think they're going to end up being very cool.

Edited by dakini_painter

Hey Shin! :cheers:

Hey there big boss man.

*Moves on to Absente...blech...most likely moving back to Henri Bardouin later*

Aaron

Edited by shinsain

I'm relaxing with a Duplais and a biscotti after a hard day of fishing. :)

Edited by MTgrayling

I made a convert the other night.

He told me he had to have more of this, as in, buy his own bottles. It was love at first drink. I had to send him to FSC.

I have brought goodness to the world! :cheers:

Not sure if he wants to join as of yet, but, he seems a decent fellow.

Well, tell us about your catchin's, why don't ya?

Oh nothing exceptional for this time of year, a few in the 3lb range one was close to 4lbs and many smaller guys.

This is my favorite time to get out, weather permitting of course. The brown trout are nearing the peak of their spawning ritual in a local spring fed creek and some days it seems as if the whole stream is filled with hormonally aggresive fish. A wooly bugger cast near any riffle or pool will bring several vicious strikes. The tourists don't believe me when I tell them that this time of year I catch the most and largest fish of the whole season, often without seeing another person.

Cold hands are a small price to pay for the solitude and scenery available in the winter months.

It was 65 here in Jersey today. Stupid East Coast. It's supposed to be cold and snowy and shit in the winter. But instead, I get stripped of a good winter storm. Well, it's technically not winter for 3 more days though, I guess it's no biggy.

Aaron

I'm relaxing with a Duplais and a biscotti after a hard day of fishing. :)

So this is probably a fish story, and you were actually drinking Elixier, right?

:sarc:

Yes, I wonder whether the outstanding flavor this year will be pine, spruce, evergreen or Douglas fir.

Edited by Absomphe

I'll have to try another to see if I can pick out anything in particular, but overall I think it tasted fairly straight forward. Wasn't awefully impressed.

I was very disappointed in the Rogue Santa Private Reserve. I think that if you tapped a pine tree, you might get something that tasted similar to that beer...

PF 1901, onacuz the 1914 is just for worshipping in front of, and sniffing, except for extraordinarily special occasions.

And, no, still breathing at my advanced age isn't enough of one of those.

Kallnacher Amer tonight WITH a cube of pure cane sugar (first time sugar user)! Not bad. I don't know about "rounding out" the taste but it definitely takes away some of the bite. It is sweeter but I can't say I taste anything outside of less alcohol on the buds. Does that make sense? Is that what "rounding out" means/references?