DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It's a disputed herb, like many.

But I'm all onboard with it.

If nothing else, the power of suggestion is fabulous!

Good to see you Abby!

I started with Maredsous and now am working on Unibroue's Terrible.

At 10.5% it's bit more potent than the Maredsous.

A lot sweeter also.

Almost to sweet for me, but I keep coming back for more.

Was that slow enough?

nice breakfast! last night was a S.N. '06- bigfoot kinda night...

which reminds me, olde dominion's '06 millennium has just been released so i'll have to order a case (or two), their spring brew is about ready for release too (it's an imperial pils) so it's a case or two of that as well.

Last night: couple'a-two-or-three G&T's with some kickass HG gin.

I spent a cold and disappointing day in the Cascade foothills... I need to be warmed and comforted.

Why disappointing? Hot chocolate with a hefty shot of Hot Damn! 100 cinnamon schnapps will do the trick.

I started with Maredsous and now am working on Unibroue's Terrible.

At 10.5% it's bit more potent than the Maredsous.

A lot sweeter also.

Almost to sweet for me, but I keep coming back for more.

I love the sweet, malty Belgian ales (especially in the winter). Have yet to find one too sweet for me. And Unibroue makes some of the best. Got a case of their Trader Joe's 2005 Anniversary Ale cellared right now, since it really needs to sit a couple years to be uber-nifty. I love that TJ's carries a number of their beers (most commonly Maudite, Blanche de Chambly, La Fin du Monde, and occasionally Trois Pistoles and Apple Ephemere) for about 10-20% less than the big Beer stores, and is much easier to get to (have one within walking distance).

Duplais... which in fact tastes very much like some stuff I am pretty familiar with. Thought it was wrong contents in the bottle :) It's OK but not very exciting though. Eichelberger is waaay ahead.

Indeed.

The best aspect of the Duplais is that dry coriander finish, which seems to compliment that "instant" feuille mort it seems to have developed, sort of like an attempt at producing a pre-ban clone from an absinthe kit.

Enjoying a wonderful glass of Besançon. This absinthe is fine through and through. The balance of herbs is impeccable. A very tasty drink. :cheers:

I'm drinking a La Bleue called A'Yahos with a very cool graphic on the label. It's delicious, crisp and refreshing. Clandestine-ish, but mo' better herbiage and balance.

The maker did a good job.

Maggie and I just returned from rehearsal, sipping a couple glasses of F Guy. Contemplating opening night this Friday.

Le Gimp, for 95 years old, you're doing great! Maggie thinks your avatar is hot!

T73

Montmartre, mixed 1:1.5. Close to perfect, but still just a hair strong.

Unibroue Trader Joe's Anniversary Ale 2005. Good, but this really needs to sit for at least another year. Have a case stashed for just that purpose.