DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Went to a tasting tonight. Too many to mention. Why walk when you can drink a cab? Luckily, my FV review page (that I even use on wine) works for me. Lots of good champagne tonight, too.

Doc: Family XMas drink #1: Take a "martini glass" and rim with honey. The Dip glass in honey in toasted cocnout, so it sticks to the rim, all beautifull like. The fill glass with a beautifully louched blanche. All frosty looking and full o' cheer.

Was out having some beers with some friends last night. Nowadays, you can do such a thing and actually have a reasonably wide range of good beer. Had an Orval- I almost forgot how much I love that stuff - and some local microbrews.

Ten years ago, I came back to DK after living in Belgium and had a hard time adjusting to the then crappy selection of beers here. Some things change actually to the better.

What a beautiful fukcking day. We started the with Bloody Mary's with Stoller and now we are drinking absinthe and the boy are smoking Cubans on the patio. I have the laptop while we post this. Life is awesome.

Edited by hissykitties

I was thinking the same thing. No Cubans or absinthe here, but we had a large breakfast (sausage, bacon, baked beans, french toast, eggs, hash browns, and coffee) and have enjoyed a Falcons win and lazy day reading a homebrewing catalogue and daydreaming about all the great stuff in it. Listened to Mother Love Bone and Soundgarden while cooking.

Now we're washing the animals and trying to kill off the flea population for good.

Maybe we'll get a good freeze to kilk the fleas this year.

I think tonight it's supposed to get down to 25F. It's very convenient. The dog was horribly covered.

More absinthe and good company. Why are you fooks not here.
All we need are a few people from Alabama....

:) Can't afford the gas right now to go to Atlanta. We just paid off our late bills and got caught up (yay!) but that has left us strapped until Friday. Then we should be in better shape than we've been in three months.

Good news, DP!

Making some Chana Masala, drinking a Duvel. Both of them, excellent (if I can pat myself on the back like that for my own cooking), and listening to Sufjan Steven's Christmas boxset (also excellent). :cheers:

Maybe an Edouard later on.

Making some Chana Masala, drinking a Duvel. Both of them, excellent (if I can pat myself on the back like that for my own cooking), and listening to Sufjan Steven's Christmas boxset (also excellent). :cheers:

Maybe an Edouard later on.

I have no idea why that posted twice. I suppose the WS internal mechanism deemed it of some importance. God knows I didn't.

EDIT: This is strange. The latter part of this post was not an edit...it was a new post, yet it somehow got added into this one. Ghosts in the machine?

Edited by Stomp Brockmore

Agreed T73, it's the drink for any reason.

Tonight it's clear and crosseyed. You have to look in another thread to understand or not . ;)

I'm not drunk but I'm gaining on it. Must.........stop..........soon..............

:cheers:

Why are you fooks not here.

I don't know 'bout the rest of the fooks, but my excuse is a stupid little something called the Atlantic Ocean.

Tonight is fill the fountain and sample new stuff night.

Starting with a glass of PF 1901. A very nice Louche at 3 to 1 no sugar. Sugar may/should add roundth but it's creamy and light. Some folks speak of a Jade funk or burnt taste. I can't say I taste those in this. To me, it's different than the other Jades and in a very good way. More water may thin it's mouthfeel a bit for my taste.

Pesky personal opinions. ;)

Just got home after a busy day back to work after the eye-ball fiasco. It was fun going in a freaking everyone out. In a spur of the moment thing, I cut off about 8 inches of hair and dyed it black. I have a little flapper bob now. I love it. Now I'm eyeing the bottles and trying to make up my mind..... :)

Gotta love spontaneousness! Good for you!