DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I just got back from picking up a bottle each of the following (haven't had most of these, just sort of getting into beer tasting):

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse

Petrus Old Brown

Leffe Blonde

Leffe Brune

Orval

Chimay Premiere

Aventinus

Chapeau Exotic Lambic

Plus a 6 of McAuslan Oatmeal Stout, definately the best Oatmeal stout I think I've had.

I'll probably dive into some of this later tonight...

Tried a sample of the chartreuse for the first time(thanks shinshain)..quickly moved on to the montmartre 2nd release...ahhh...much better. Too bad I only have the first release myself. I have ended up with too much absinthe that is only so-so. Maybe I'll dump it on everyone at Lautrec-fest. :devil:

Some more Magic Hat#9 next...

Mirror Mirror oak aged barleywine.

Nice, soft, and raisiny, with some vanilla from the oak, and just the right touch of citric hoppiness. No overdone Bigfoot, or Old Crustacean, this.

Wachusett IPA last night, lots o' hops, yummy.

Cleaned the palate with some Pontarlier Verte and went to bed early.

I have ended up with too much absinthe that is only so-so. Maybe I'll dump it on everyone at Lautrec-fest.

Ummm, no. Beleive you me, it won't get touched.

I don't own any great absinthe....and if I did we would drink it. Of course I could pour all my stuff into a giant gatorade cooler and dump it on your head, coach green one!

Just got back from Ft Lauderdale on a two day business trip.

Fly down Monday aftenoon, find a motel, get a steak and beer and off to bed. Got up Tuesday and grabbed a bagle and coffee, then off to look at some industrial drilling equiptment in operation drilling holes in 12" I beams. I spent the day in a hot (100f) steel building watching construction equiptment. IT was 86F outside. I actually enjoyed watching the business operation.

Finally finished up around 2:30 and dropped my cohort off at the airport. I drove back to Ft Lauderdale and visited an Aunt for an hour before driving back to the airport again, drop the car off and go through security. No problems.

Picked up a bottle of water and a cup of ice from a vendor and sat in a corner. Poured myself a glass of blanche from a bottle in my ditty bag (why I do carry on) and sat back to relax for ten minutes before boarding. Stuck the bottle in my coat pocket in case I need it again.

Went to get on the plane and realized I was in seat 1C of a 757. Woo-Hoo Got a first class seat at cattle class price (Company always flys me cattle class). After I got to my seat, I poured another shot of blanche in what was left of the water in the water bottle, put the bottle in my coat, and handed my coat to the sturedess to hang up.

I got a cup of fresh coffee with half and half (instead of dry powder stuff) before take off ( the other 10% gets a lot better treatment than cattle class).

After I finish the blanche the Sturdess asks if I'd like anything to drink, so I get a G&T (Oh, no charge since I'm in 1st class :). I get the G&T with two bottles of gin instead of the cattle class one bottle :drunk: .

Nice mellow flight back to Charlotte. Too bad I had to run to make my connection back home (B concourse to E concourse).

Mirror Mirror oak aged barleywine.

Nice, soft, and raisiny, with some vanilla from the oak, and just the right touch of citric hoppiness. No overdone Bigfoot, or Old Crustacean, this.

Sounds good, though I like the Old Crustacean.

Between myself and my friends:

Duchesse Du Bourgogne sour Flemish ale (very fruity, with strong pomegranate notes, the vinegary sourness is definitely an aquired taste)

Boon Gueze (one of the best lambics I've ever found, with a nice subtle oakiness and astringency)

Elysian Brewery Dragonstooth Stout

I need ot find some 40ml sample bottles. It would be easier to just turn the bottle up into the water bottle, than it is to try to our a measured sample from a 100ml bottle.

A glass of the Ike, which was delicious, but I overlouched it, so it was a bit thinner than I like. Next time, less water. Also, a glass of the Brut d'Alembic, which might just be my favorite substance on the planet. I don't feel qualified to analyze all the flavors in my glass right now, but this is easily the most complex absinthe I have ever tasted. What a delight.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. I'd open up my other two bottles.

Alesmith Speedway Stout last night.

The second bestest stout on the planet, but unlike Three Floyds Dark Lord, at least it's obtainable on the internet.

Well, not anymore, 'til next year, but it was.