DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Is it black or dark ruby hued?

If you've never tried BCBS before, you might be surprised by its level of sweetness, compared to many other barrel aged Imperial stouts, but unlike barley wines, there's a rich chocolate flavor tinged with toasted coconut. It sort of reminds me of a Chunky bar with raisins and nuts meets a Mounds bar.

It seems unlikely, to me, that they would have mislabeled it, and the only type our state received was the standard brew as part of the Black Friday event.

Edited by Absomphe

No I am kidding. Its good and smooth its highly reminicient is their barley wine to me. Yeah lots of chocolate with this one. Love it and wish I had bought two.

Edited by greytail

Boulevard Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout.

Not super complex, but nice toffee and vanilla flavors from the barrel.

Edited by Absomphe

In a sudden surprise move, Elizabeth Station suddenly got a keg of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout which I quickly brought home to enjoy.

Hint:

Michael Eckert's most recent bottling of white absinthe...

Artisan Spirits (of course), 5963 Graham C. Ste. D, Livermore, CA 94550. (925) 371-8606.

Hard to believe its been like 10-11 years since joining this site. I was living in NC at the time and learned so much about absinthe but also some beers as well. Was so excited about scoring The Abyss. Although its mystique has dwindled and available across the country in many more states now, I always feel nostalgic when having some (2017 later this eve).

Happy Holidays, everyone!