DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Looks good!

Gin and tonic. Keeping it simple. ;^>

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Narwhal with caco nibs and coconut. :heart: :heart: :heart:.

Followed by a 1:1 mix of Dark Star Coffee with the above...this resulted in an increase of two :heart: s, which really amazed me.

An astoundingly perfect marriage of flavors.

back to the basics with some sam adams chocolate bock. smells exactly like old chub. taste is similar, but lighter and more effervescent with a bit of milk chocolate. not bad for a seasonal selection. it's nice revisiting brews we haven't tried in some time.

Very dry Aviation gin martini with almond-stuffed olives.

Bourbon County Brand Stout 2017.

Best vintage I've tasted since the 2009. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sorry, InBev naysayers...not! :tongue:

This year's reminds me of a high end take on a liquefied Chunky™ with raisins and nuts that's been aged in an excellent bourbon barrel.

This is the only Black Friday event that earns the official Krinkles the Clown™ seal of approval. :arrr:

Edited by Absomphe

Bourbon County Brand Stout 2017.

Best vintage I've tasted since the 2009. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sorry, InBev naysayers...not! :tongue:

This year's reminds me of a high end take on a liquefied Chunky with raisins and nuts that's been aged in an excellent bourbon barrel.

This is the only Black Friday event that earns the official Krinkles the Clown seal of approval. :arrr:

Good to know. I picked up one of those and a bottle of Freemont dark Star.

The Abyss Rum Barrel Aged.

This one would need a few years aging to allow the rum and chocolate fudge-like flavors to meld.

As it sips now, the individual components are fine, but there's a solvent-like flavor in the finish that is harsh and unpleasant.

Fresh, this is my least favorite Abyss variant, (the cognac, brandy, Scotch, and rye versions were all excellent) and this is particularly disappointing, because I normally love a rum barrel aged Imperial stout.