DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Paul Devoille's "Centenaire" absinthe.

Delicious stuff. I could see this becoming one of my go-to absinthes if it weren't a limited run.

It's one of my favourite one too, and it is not a limited run, as far as I know.

I lucked into another stash of Lagunitas High Westified, and we're watching Black Sails (it's not a rum barrel aged Imperial Stout, but it tastes like it is) so, cheers, folks! :arrr:

It's one of my favourite one too, and it is not a limited run, as far as I know.

That's great news. Fingers crossed that they'll keep making it! The description on the site I bought it from said it was a limited edition to mark the 100th year after the abolition of absinthe.

Incidentally, to stay on topic, that's what I'm drinking tonight as well. :shifty: Sure, it was good the first time I tried it, but after the bottle had been open for about a week it's like some switch was flipped and it changed from good to outstanding.

That's great news. Fingers crossed that they'll keep making it! The description on the site I bought it from said it was a limited edition to mark the 100th year after the abolition of absinthe.

Incidentally, to stay on topic, that's what I'm drinking tonight as well. :shifty: Sure, it was good the first time I tried it, but after the bottle had been open for about a week it's like some switch was flipped and it changed from good to outstanding.

Devoille's Enigma Blanche, one more great absinthe from the Distillery.

Big Bad Baptista release #4.

Even better than the previous two releases I've tasted.

Super-saturated flavors of cinnamon, Mexican coffee, vanilla bean and bourbon.

Absolutely phenomenal.

New Holland Brewing's Dragon's Milk Triple Mashed Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout.

Are they kidding me, or what?

This stuff is so friggin' complex, I'd run out of descriptors long before I'd successfully reviewed it.

the grandfather of standard Dragon's Milk, this is 17% abv., and ridiculously sippable.

Lot's of chocolate varietals, lots of orange liqueurs (Drambuie, Grand Marnier, etc.), lots of dried brown fruit skins, cherries, Raisinettes™, toasted coconut, cedar shavings, at least 4 or 5 different berries...oh, hell, the list is nearly endless...and, as sweet as it is, it has just enough dryness in the finish to make it so damned compelling.

Bottom line, if you can find it, buy it. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Melvin Asterisk.

With a Lagunitas High West-ified chaser.

Followed by a Dragon's Milk Triple Mash chaser.

And, probably, a nap. :cheerz:

I loves me a Classic Martini.

Made a Cocktail a la Louisane last night using Alessio Vermouth di Torino. I always liked the drink using either Cocchi VdT, or La Quintinye sweet. But I gotta' say, the Alessio further deepens this, an already very complex drink, and adds a taughtness that is very sophisticated and compelling. Three brandied Luxardo cherries were the icing on the cake.

Tasting a 2017 Firestone Bravo as I speak. I'm stunned. Details later. Pick this up if you can find it.

I couldn't agree more.

It's lighter in color than your typical brown ale, but it's absolutely brimmimg with flavor nuances that dance around your tongue. Most of these are reminiscent of Drambuie/Grand Marnier, and, in that respect, this puts me in mind of the amazing Dragon's Milk Triple mashed stout, only with even more finesse, albeit a less complexity...it's missing the dark fruit and chocolate components. Nevertheless, there is a delicacy that the latter is lacking, and I would have to say that this beauty is my new favorite Firestone brew, even topping last year's Parabola.