DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It sounds remarkable, and if I still drank absinthe, (except for the very, very occasional splendid Pacifique) it might even be my first choice.

However, this incredible Evil Twin Michigan Maple Jesus, as well as its followup, Big Bad Baptist # 73 (Blue Copper Coffee) have succeeded in making forget all about whatever that above elixir is. B)

Edited by Absomphe

Grön Opal, a fresh new bottle. Absolutely fabulous. Am I the only one here who keeps drinking absinthe?

You and SC apparently.

Edited by greytail

The ebb and flow of things.

Having or developing additional interests doesn't negate the love of the subject (or beverage), it just adds to the things you have interests in.

And I'll just go ahead and say it, even though I love my vertes, I'm not always in the mood for absinthe.

Also, I don't always post when I'm having a glass. I post whenever I post and about what I happen to be drinking at the time.

I think many things factor into what people are posting and what they're drinking.

Well that was much more thinking than I intended to do... :paperbag3: :) so now it's time to actually drink something. :cheers:

Oh I agree. I have a nice adult beverage or two daily. I only post about it when I feel like it. Never fear, Absinthe, Scotch, and beer, will always be near, and dear, dear. And now, I believe I'll take you up on that offer.

Speaking of old booze, I believe I'll be having this just recently acquired, (as in today) via Italy, albeit only a single serving, Laga 16 bottled I believe in the 90's, pre Diageo, per the 'White Horse Distillers Glasgow' at the bottom the label. Which, if so, would mean it was distilled late 70's-80's?

post-3717-0-92669200-1479772425_thumb.jpeg

I cut my Lagavulin teeth on an identical bottle in 1992, so I'm guessing mid-seventies.

It seemed a bit smokier, and also a tad richer in sherry flavor back then.

Big Bad Baptista today, which is Big Bad Baptist aged with cinnamon and Mexican chocolate. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I was gonna drink that, but got side tracked watching The Walking Dead, and had a Terminus instead. But, like Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz, "there's always tomorrow."

My subconscious keeps making me forget tonic water for my Hendrick's gin, I'm bound to have Grön Opal again :biggrin:

Edited by Carlo

As I'm drinking coffee, it occurs to me that it's been by far too long since I've made a batch of Kahlua.

<------- will be making Kahlua today.

Oh yeah, and happy almost Thanksgiving. :cheerz:

You had me at Adnam's (which is a venerable old English brewery.

Oh, wait, I forgot about that yeast thing... :tongue: :cheers:

Fremont The Rusty Nail today.

Edited by Absomphe

And we think you need to go back to your old one! :harhar:

Chiyomusubi Kitaro Jungin Junmai Ginjo "Kitaro" :wub:

Clean (as one would expect with a ginjo) but with great viscosity. Soft and velvety. Sweet but dry. Musty honey scent and mineral smell (think Flintstones Kid’s vitamins). Tastes of cantaloupe melon and honeydew. Overripe banana/fruit flavor. Finishes rather quickly. It’s dangerous how easy this is to down. Nice stuff and a good start to our sake sampling. Cool cup to keep too (we think we’ll use it for a fountain pen holder). Really like how it is designed after the manga GeGeGe no Kitarō by Shigeru Mizuki.

And we think you need to go back to your old one. :harhar:

A clown's a clown, the world around, so take your pick, the creepiness abounds.

I know not to which avatar you refer, and I have no idea which one you'd prefer.

And if you think I'd I'd accede to your wishes, you might as well dream while asleep with the fishes. :pirate:

And we think you need to go back to your old one. :harhar:

A clown's a clown, the world around, so take your pick, the creepiness abounds.

I know not to which avatar you refer, and I have no idea which one you'd prefer.

And if you think I'd I'd accede to your wishes, you might as well dream while asleep with the fishes. :pirate:

Since we are in an Eastern train of thought, we shall compose some haiku, using you as our inspirational source.

The clown has a tongue

And teeth that are iron-clad.

Watch him iron wind!

“Glacier and sage-brush”

Make up his name, and yet

He does not still drink absinthe.

An image to which

He forgets. But, Pontchartrain

Beach does not forget.

Buffalo native,

But lives in Washington now.

Traded snow for rain.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

What they said!

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 2013. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The best coffee vintage I've tasted (Los Immortales), and it's held up remarkably well.