DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I keep refreshing the "tracking info" page for a set of four Jade absinthes / so I'm extremely excited. :dev-cheers:

As well you should be. Would like to hear your thoughts when you do.

Ecliptic Oort Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

Lots of bourbon, chocolate, toasted coconut and dried brown fruit. Excellent balance. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

So you say.

I'm old, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop rushing through the seasons like you're a goddamn retail chain. :wheelchair:

That being said, fall is my favorite season, so, never mind. :cheers:

As well you should be. Would like to hear your thoughts when you do.

The Jades arrived yesterday! I decided to open the 1901 first, and now I'd say that it's tied with Leopold Bros Verte as my favorite absinthe. The creamy mouthfeel is incredible. I was reading old forum topics about the Jade absinthes before I made my purchase, and one poster remarked that the darker-toned aroma/flavor profile made him think of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for some reason, and (even though I'd never claim that the absinthe smells or tastes *like* chocolate chip cookies exactly) there's something about that description that I totally get.

Also, I'm currently marathon-ing one of my favorite TV shows, Archer, and am way more excited than I probably should be that the characters happen to be drinking absinthe out of the exact same glass (the Pontarlier) as me this episode. What're the chances?

absinthe.jpg

St. George Absinthe. :heart:

We take back all the bad things we've said about St. George in the past. Maybe they've changed their recipe or something, because this is a very respectable absinthe. We ended up diluting this to a 5:1 water to absinthe ratio and are getting some very nice minty aromas and flavors out of it. The wormwood is definitely there, too, in the finish. There is a very nice juicy fruit sweetness to this absinthe (probably from the hyssop), and a spectacular mouth-numbing effect from the star-anise. There is also a wonderful citrus note from the lemon-balm that helps cut some of the sweetness that this absinthe imparts upon the palate. All the other various herbs meld nicely as well. We really are liking this, which is strange because we normally despise star-anise in our absinthe. Maybe the extra water helped bring out some of the more traditional flavors you would expect to find in an absinthe.

In short, this is nothing like the mess we remember this absinthe being. Honestly, this tastes like a completely different absinthe than we remember from the past. Bought a small 200ml bottle on a whim while at the wine store. Might have to go back for the bigger brother. Time will tell.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

St. George x2. :heart:

Also, I'm currently marathon-ing one of my favorite TV shows, Archer, and am way more excited than I probably should be that the characters happen to be drinking absinthe out of the exact same glass (the Pontarlier) as me this episode. What're the chances?

Good seeing you, again, after a few years, Shuichi. :cheerz:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Whoa, Leonardo DiCaprio's hairline really sucks, these days, dood!!! :shock:

It's wonderfully cool and overcast today, just perfect for another growler of Birthday Bomb!. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by Absomphe