DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It's a chilly, blustery and rainy day, so, what could be tastier, and more fitting, than another bottle of the nonpareil Prairie Apple Brandy Noir? :b-day:

Edited by Absomphe

Chilly? What the balls is that? Never experienced it. At least not in this hot sweatbox called central Florida.

2014 vintage ale fullers style.

Some cask strength Laphroaig 10. I almost want to add a few drops of water to knock the fiery edge off, but it's been a long, hard day, so I'll enjoy sipping it full strength. If I can stay awake, I may have an absinthe later. Or cookies. Yeah, probably cookies.

I just effin' Googled this stuff to see what was available from entrepreneurial sellers with a stash.

Apparently, greedy fuckers are asking up to $50 or more per bottle.

That makes me appreciate the $11 price tag of my mini stash even more. B)

The chutzpah! The audacity! Resellers can be a reprehensible bunch. :angry:

Now I want to use my growler, it begs to be filled for the first time. An epic beerrun is incoming this weekend. How do you make a beer-run epic? Simply put on the Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack. :punk:

Abs you inspire me sometimes, your devotion to liquid bread is unmatched by any I've known.

10 Cane Rum.

Edited by Debonair Cajun Rudeboy

Structures Brewing (Bellingham) Empress Double IPA.

Our first truly east coast style double IPA, and it's a genuine Heady Topper clone. :heart: :heart: :heart: :b-day:

So, after seeing what a bottle of Prairie Apple Brandy Noir sold for, I thought I would check the prices that any bottles of the world's #1 Imperial Stout Toppling Goliath Kentucky Brunch would fetch. I found one re-seller who had listed two 12 ounce bottles for the paltry sum of...wait for it...just a bit longer...here it comes...$1340 dollars plus shipping...that's right, uh huh, you're not hallucinating.

Holy Mary Mother of Hipsters, Batman!!! I mean, beer is an important facet of my hedonistic existence, but WTF???!!! It's not like they're perfectly preserved 1930s bottles of Ballantine Burton Ale, fer cryin' out loud. They're a couple of years old, tops. And, here's the kicker...some tool actually went the long green on those bottles. :wacko: :rolleyes: Oh, well, I hope(s)he enjoys them.

Yeah that is nuts. Check out the prices some of the English old ales and barley wines found on the ships that searched for the Franklin expedition in the late 1800s sold for. The ones they sold anyway. At least they were part of history unlike the apple brandy noir.

Well I checked a local place that always has lots of prairie choices. Nadda. But I did pick up a pack of Dogfish Head immort ale.

Some kind of crap infusion someone obviously worked hard on, and thought that since I was "an absinthe guy" that I would like it. But it tastes like peppermint schnapps with coriander, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise, and is stale piss yellow, and gut wrenchingly over sweet, but I would never tell the old fellow that. He was really proud of his vomitous concoction. So when he asks, I will claim it was the nectar of the gods and how I surely appreciated his generosity. Now, pardon me while I go and throw up.

Earlier visited Parish Brewing, Had a go at: Opus Vert, Réve, Serendipity, The Fuzz, Strawberry Canebrake, and Grand Reserve all of course on Tap. Scored some goodies and filled my Growler/got three Crowlers to boot. :cheers:

Now there's a day this clown envy and salute! :thumbup:

Yet another 2X4 followed by yet another Prairie Apple Brandy Noir, and, finally, yet another a shot of Chuckanut Bay Distillery Bourbon.

Yep, life doesn't suck today.