DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Sauvage 1804 Mark 3 - 'The Great Disappointment'. Sorry purists. I find it increasingly palatable as it oxidizes - not as good (to my particular tastes) as the previous versions, but not bad (though this doesn't sound much like a positive recommendation does it?). What makes it more disappointing to me is that Mark 2 was probably my single favorite absinthe on any given day. Is it over-priced at better than $92? You bet. But that's life. Cock of the walk one day, feather-duster the next. Life without risk is life without reward.

Gigantic Most Most Premium Imperial Stout.

Arguably, the most bourbon forward beer I've ever tasted, but in a really good way.

It could use a bit more carbonation, but there's plenty of toasted coconut, maple, nougat and dried fruits to excite the taste buds.

Really good stuff! :thumbup:

Wow, another holiday weekend. Seems like there's a holiday every other time I turn around lately.

Well, hope everyone is having a good, safe holiday.

Now, to find something to drink. :cheers:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Made a gallon of hard tea that tastes like Hot Apple Pie but with none of the juice or sugar.

Actually, it's better than any of the hot apple pie varieties that I've tried.

. :arrr:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Uigeadail's still our favorite. Have you gotten around to the Laphroaig yet? Cheers, good sir. :cheers:

Not as yet. I'm believing the Lagavulin, or the Macallan will probably be my next whisky purchase.

Had some whisky, had a beer, having an absinthe now. Yeah, holiday weekend are alright with me.

Although, HM, I sure would like to have some of your hot apple pie to go with this hot apple pie I be having right now.

I really enjoyed the bottle of lagavulin I bought last year. I think it was the 12 or if not the 16 yr.

Happy 4th.

Cox rocks.

Man I want my vacation to end so I can buy a bottle of the Uigeadail and enjoy it.

post-151-0-59013300-1467647948_thumb.jpeg

Edited by greytail

Ragnaud-Sabourin No.20 Reserve Speciale cognac. Masculine - as in no punches pulled - but smooth hootch. Very nice. Stays with you for a long time. Followed by - yes friends - Sauvage 1804 one more time. Can't help it. I find it very pleasant. When I first opened the bottle, the flavor profile was all over the place with very little balance of the trinity. Since then it's settled down and has become more balanced.Perhaps my taste buds are fried, perhaps it's not as bad as everybody seems to think. Either way I enjoy it.

Fremont Coffee Cinnamon Bourbon Abominable 2014 on tap.

Unbelievably rich and creamy with absolutely perfect solid notes of great coffee, cinnamon, deep, dark chocolate, coconut, vanilla, oak, persimmon, figs, dates, raisins and about ten other flavors I just can't even pin down. Two years of perfect aging has done astounding things for this keg. Sixty bucks for a 64 oz. growler, and I'd call that a genuine steal for the money.

This magical elixir makes its bottled counterpart taste almost just terrific.

Seriously, this brew is literally insanely good, at the very least. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

If I were on my deathbed, this would be my last beverage request.

End of story™.

Edited by Absomphe

Lancaster brewing double chocolate milk stout on tap.

Wow. Like liquid Ghirardelli dark chocolate with a kick.

Edited by greytail

Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

"Huge smoke seeps out of the glass like creeping evil, staining the air itself. The flavor is massive - punishing peat and smoke gives the unfortunate soul drinking this the feeling that they just drank the liquefied remains of a fireplace, wherein the fire was put out with buckets of sea water. Oily iodine and notes of bloody bandages weave their way through a burst of sweet something or other, before leaving behind a taste of ash soaked in various antiseptics along with a hint of cured meat."

*(review from the Whiskey Exchange)

and I couldn't agree more. Wow!, just wow!

This is my kinda drink.

post-3717-0-52008100-1467980741_thumb.jpeg

And the Masochist of the Year award goes to... :arrr:

I love me some really smoky Lagavulin and Ardbeg, and the huge smokiness of Laphroaig also rocks, but that iodine soaked bloody bandage component was always a bit much for me.

The cured meat finish in the Quarter Cask sounds good, though.

Edited by Absomphe

Who knew something so awful could taste so good.

The wife said, upon her first sip, "it was as if someone had held you down and funneled the charburnt juice from the Christmas ham down your throat by force, and then shoved an old gas rag in your mouth afterwards."

I tried laphroaig 18 yr slightly before i found my love of absinthe . The best way i could describe it was sucking on a burnt stick soaked in alcohol . It was terrible . I'd be interested to see if i still hate it as much now that i do enjoy a drink. If you love smokiness i havent experienced a stronger smoke smell and taste in any drink before or after it .

Edited by Louchebag

Warre's Heritage Ruby Port. Not as sweet and fresh-fruity as the Grahams' Six Grapes Porto but to my tastes as good. Has a bit more of a raisin-like flavor like the tawny ports than the pure almost too much sweetness of the Graham's Six Grapes - which is one of my favorites. Followed by a touch of the Hine SIngle Cask Lignieres-Sonneville cognac. I have half a bottle left which I will share with my friends when I see them next month.

Fremont Coffee Cinnamon Bourbon Abominable 2014 on tap.

Onacuz:

a) I must polish off these 64 ounces while they're still in peak condition, and...

b ) OMFG!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Edited by Absomphe

Indeed!

I forgot to cite the perfect weather here as reason c for gently "deconstructing" the remaining stash of CBC Abominable...as if another one were needed. :cheers: