DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I would, if it were available in my neck of the woods, but I'm not surprised that it isn't, even as a Pabst release.

Ballantine was always an east coast brew.

Edited by Absomphe

:) Edited by MASTERPC

My first attempts at Suissesse (absinthe, egg white, orgeat). First try with Libertine 55 and little orgeat: fresh and creamy, not too sweet. Second attempt with CAB's Butterfly and some more orgeat: more complex, but a bit too sweet for my taste.

"Brewed on the grounds of Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont, this lager is crafted with the finest traditional ingredients and our pure Vermont spring water."

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you

Von Trapp brewing Helles lager.

Not bad. The view is much better.

In the Adirondacks for the week.

Edited by greytail

Had some WildCraft Cider Works Rose Cider the other night. It was ok, but I only had one bottle. Another bottle would be good for continued scientific research.

Well, a high quality, capable screw that gets the job done, of course. ;) :dev-cheers:

Hope the vacation with the fam was a great one.

Edited by Hedonmonkey

I was wondering if you ever tried one of those butler's friends.

Oh shit, you were being serious! :laugh:

No, not to my knowledge. If my screw has a brand name, I'm oblivious. :paperbag3: I doubt I paid much for it. I've found over the years that it's not so much what I'm doing, but how I'm doing it.

If I had a vast store of rare and expensive bottles, hell yes, I'd have a shmancy gadget for getting into them.

Melvin Screw X 4 today.

That Melvin dude sure is a lucky fucker. :dev-cheers:

Finished off the last few ounces of a bottle of Germain-Robin Craft Method Brandy I've had for several years. Not my favorite, but a nice tipple nonetheless, and I had to make room in my liquor cabinet for a bottle of Ragnaud Sabourin Reserve Speciale 20 year old cognac I've got coming. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

Awesome choice SC. Man that is where it's at.

After a week up here in the mountains with campfires each night I will have to grab a bottle when I get home just to pour and savor that smoky peat aroma.

Crooked stave st. BRetta for me this afternoon.

Edited by greytail

Awesome choice SC. Man that is where it's at.

After a week up here in the mountains with campfires each night I will have to grab a bottle when I get home just to pour and savor that smoky peat aroma.

I hear ya. I'm afraid the whisky has taken first place over my love for absinthe. I might also suggest getting either the Uigeadail, or the Corryvreckan expressions of the Ardbeg. Not as brusk as the 10yr, and a peaty, malty, sherry cask finish that goes on for days. Luckily the liquor store I mentioned with the massive absinthe selection also has a spirits tasting bar, and a fine selection of "mini" single malts for exploration.