DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

So I'm working my way into Scotch.

Not had it in many, many years, and didn't care for it at all when I did.

Bought a couple mini's and a 200 ml.

Starting with the Glenlevit 12.

Surprisingly nice. Easy drinking. I can do this one anytime.

Next, Highland Park 12. Oh my that's really good. Smoky, and medicinal.

Such an explosion of flavor. This is really enjoyable.

And so much fun.

I had no idea I would like it so.

Next on the list is a "New make" called Glenglassaugh Fledgling xb. Aged 12 months. Looking forward to this.

I know there's a lot of fancy, and expensive ones out there that I'll probably never try. But, I'm certainly having a good time.

And bought two fishing kayaks today. Guess me and the Mrs. are going for a sunrise paddle in the morning. No fishing, just enjoying the morning on the water.

Cheers, and a good evening to you all!

And you too Greytail. ;)

Ha. Thanks.

Yeah. I bet that will be a very nice paddle. Show us some pics of the trip

As for the scotch.

I like a nice peaty one and if I am not mistaken you can find a nice one with Jura superstition.

Ardbeg is nice too.

Cheers

Yes, it is, and another must try is Lagavulin, especially if you like your scotch smoky.

If a complex fruitiness is more your thing, I'd definitely check out Balvenie, particularly, the Portwood.

AleSmith Hammerhead Imperial Stout.

Brewed with espresso, it's less over-roasted than I thought it would be, and it has a nice vanilla and dried fruit underpinning.

Tasty!

Edited by Absomphe

Finished my Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros. Another one for which no replacement is available, having been discontinued by the MLL.

Rosemary's baby (Rogue chipotle whiskey, Adobe paste and rosemary simple syrup). Nice kick!

Found some Ballantine burton ale.

I am sure it does not hold a candle to what it was back in its time (solera aging method and all) but man it is cool finding some up here in NY after reading about its special re-release.

Edited by greytail

Bayou Teche Brewery's Ragin' Cajuns Ale. Upon closer inspection of the bottle it's an "officially licensed collegiate product". Go UL! :yahoo:

Moving on from Arnaudville to Mandeville with Chafunkta Brewing Company's Voo Ka Ray IPA.

Edited by Debonair Cajun Rudeboy

Knee Deep Simtra Triple IPA.

Very dry and smooth, but, surprisingly, not that bitter for a 131 IBU monster.

Creamy body with a just a bit of tropical fruitiness, but, otherwise very straightforward with no hint of its 11.3% abv.

Moving onto Chafunkta Brewing's Old 504 Porter. Wanted to like it but it was waay too overroasted for my palate. :no:

Edited by Debonair Cajun Rudeboy

You actually just called yourself a fanboy. :rolleyes:

Then again, you also just praised Libertine, so, at least, you're consistent. :tongue: ;)

Atwood ales Oyster Stout.

Smooth, roasty and with just the right touch of oyster liquor brininess.

Edited by Absomphe

Not half as shameless as I am, Carlo. :paperbag3:

I really like your reviews, and besides, it was about time someone knocked me out of the top ten reviewer category, since all I seem to drink now is this silly beer stuff. :cheers:

I really like your reviews, and besides, it was about time someone knocked me out of the top ten reviewer category, since all I seem to drink now is this silly beer stuff. :cheers:

That's very kind of you, thank you very much :)

Edited by Carlo