DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hope she has fun "smoking the mountain", SC.*

* Tryin' desperately to mask my snickerin'*

* Okay, not that desperately. :hysterical2:

Heady Topper today*

* I agree with Drinkslinger on the Louchedlounge...it's not bad, but, then again, it's really overrated.**

** Melvin 2X4 runs rings around this xit.

Edited by Absomphe

The Minx shall not snicker... :biggrin: Besides, my wine bottle is empty and that's no laughing matter.

I shall, instead, wish you and the Mrs. the very best of play dates. Then proceed to make some smoke of my own. :shifty:

Crap, I need to find something else to drink too.

Unfortunately, since the incident with the rabid walrus back in aught-six, I haven't had any pinkies to extend :unsure:

I'd never had any kind of brandy before, but I wanted to try something different, and get a good, quality bottle. I like it.

belewfripp - a few years ago when i first started brandy/cognac a friend recommended Pierre-Ferrand Ambre as a quality cognac at a reasonable price. It was a good recommendation. Have had a lot of cognacs and brandies since but the Ambre still ranks well. Just a thought.

Carajillo and watching the rain. Thinking about popping a movie in. Time to comfy up. :mellow:

Edited by Debonair Cajun Rudeboy

Of course, those two things can be mutually exclusive, butt, obviously, you already know that.

On a hot day like this, only a 2X4 (or two) will do. :dev-cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

The play was great, luscious oily lesbian'd the whole time. Stopped beforehand for beer and Sushi. Calfkiller brewing's Dead horse Porter.

Today heading to watch the new Alice in Wonderland movie. Sneaking in some rum with our Dealflick's coupon.

Probably absinthe later .

Of course absinthe later, who am I kidding?

Butt, of course, my twin. :devil:

That does remind me of a storm that hit the valley about 13 summers ago. One of those humid, heavy, massive types. The conditions made it so the few of us standing out under it were watching it solidly rain and it was evaporating 40 feet above. Not a drop hit the ground around us (or us). I've never experienced it again, but I'd love to. It was fucking awesome!

Solerno. To start with, anyway. :arrr:

Have a good eve, SC.

Boneyard Notorious Triple IPA.

This is a serious rival of Melvin 2X4, and I have to admit that the complexity is even greater.

The flavor profile features white wine, peach, strawberry, mandarin orange, tangerine, pineapple, guava, papaya, mango, and cedar shavings.

Damn, this stuff is incredibly compelling.

It has a lightly syrupy body, and while it's not as compelling in that regard as the immense mousse of 2X4, the mouthfeel is eminently satisfying. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Marteau. I realize this is old news for the rest of you, but it's my first time having it, and I have to say it's the bee's knees and then some. Nose reminds me of Virgil's Root Beer - that's a compliment, as Virgil's uses lots of herbs and spices, including anise. This is excellent absinthe.

Bourbon barrel aged Big Sound scotch ale from cigar city brewing.

Wow. Really nice. Chocolate and dark fruit. Some cinnamon.

Really nice.

Tangueray & tonic w/nice fresh lime.

Funny you should say, I made a chargrilled salmon filet with an avocado lime salsa for dinner.

post-3717-0-60806000-1465346993_thumb.jpeg

With a glass of Terminus.

Thanks. The key, I think, is the paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper marinade for the fish. It gives it an awesome smokey flavor. And the lime juice and olive oil give the avocados a whole new personality.

Here's the recipe if one felt so inclined. It's super easy, and tastes great.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robertbroadfoot/salmon-salsa-fun

We love salmon. :heart: The combined texture of avocado and fatty salmon is precisely perfect (especially in maki rolls). Cheers Songcatcher (liking the new avatar, too, good sir)! :cheers:

The remainder of the big sound. Still good. Worth the price I paid. Sadly no.

I like salmon too but as of late my wife has been making blackened fish with tilapia and it's delicious.

Edited by greytail