DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

When I returned home from a business trip a week ago, I found my palate seemed to be all messed up. I had one glass each of VC, Lucid and Terminus, and all three tasted like they'd been distilled through a buffalo's digestive tract. This continued for a couple more days, but thankfully has now let up and they taste normal to me again. My nose was kind of stopped up at the time, so I'm blaming it on that.

I think I found it: "A bitter taste in the mouth that is not from a bitter substance is a distorted sense of taste. A persistent bad taste in the mouth, whether bitter, metallic or foul, is called dysgeusia... Common causes of a bitter taste in the mouth include vomiting and acid reflux, although these conditions do not generally cause a permanent bitter taste." Found here: http://www.healthgrades.com/symptoms/bitter-taste-in-mouth

Yesterday I had Un Emile and found it so horrible I could not drink it. Then Libertine 55 and found it barely acceptable, so I started guessing something was wrong... Had a glass of Terminus and had to throw it away: what a waste! But it was at least clear the problem was my tongue.

Yeah, I threw away the VC and the Lucid, but I couldn't bear to chuck the Terminus so I stuck the glass in my fridge and took it back out again a few days later.

I also think the way the atmospheric pressure screws with the sinuses on long flights may be partially to blame for what happened to me.

One glass of Elisir Novasalus, a lovely Italian bitter, really bitter... Then two glasses of Nocino, the Italian walnut liquor: delicious!!!

Grön Opal to start the night, then Lucid, Terminus and now a glass of Absinthe du Centenaire. I haven't had anything to drink in almost a week so I'm indulging this Friday night.

Uncle Val's martini on a beautiful day overlooking the Puget Sound. Fantastic weather.

Structures (Bellingham) I See You Saison brewed with Honey Gold grapefruit zest and juice, and hibiscus, and aged in Hungarian tokay wine barrels.

These guys are relatively new kids on our local beer block, but they really know what they're doing.

This is their Mother's Day special offering and it gets :heart: :heart: :heart: and :thumbup: from this beer lovin' clown.