DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I threw an oz of blanche into a mint ice cream milk shake.Not too bad! Might be a good way for some to get rid of their Kübler.

Just made a gallon of hard iced tea and was about to give it a go, when my Dad stops by for a quick check in...( :heart: :heart:) and now back to trying a new flavor.

I had a glass of three different absinthes, justto develop my skills :cheers: : first came la Grenouille (complex, spicy), then Libertine Amer 68 (intense), and now, just before sleep, François Guy (light, lower alcohol).

I started with CF Berger, went to VS 1898, then Duplais Verte, thinking that was enough, but it wasn't, and now I'm having some Jade NO. I usually cut myself off after 3 glasses, but it's been a bitch of a day.

Edited by Amy Lewis

First some few sips of Chartreuse Verte, just to help my digestion. Then a glass of Eichelberger 60 bio (lovely).

I'm having a go at the Vieux Pontarlier tonight being that's it's been a lightly visited bottle. Just finishing the second glass now, no sugar. The louche is nice to watch, and I'm feeling it pretty well at this point.

Eichelberger 60, Libertine Amer 68, François Guy. I stopped drinking wine after I discovered absinthe. Still drinking Italian amari.

Just got my bottle of MoL today, enjoying a glass now, and it's a very pleasant absinthe! I don't have the super educated palette of others here, and I can't write the kinds of reviews they do, but I really like this a lot. The anise is not so pronounced as some others and there seems a spectrum of other herbal flavors I'm still sorting out. It has subtle notes of throwing my bike into the twisties on route 84 through the Santa Cruz mountains in the morning. I louched the first glass with sugar and the next will be without. It does a pretty louche :)

Meadow_of_Love.jpg

It's a real shame if it's not available there Carlo, this is going to be one of my favorites, I can tell already. I've had two glasses now, and quite thoroughly enjoyed both with and without sugar. It doesn't need sugar. I'm following those with a glass of Terminus, which is a much bolder absinthe having real teeth to it and fur as well. That does need sugar. MoL is made by a girl, and you can kinda tell. It has all that charm to it. It's like having a drink with your best girlfriend. Terminus is like meeting a biker guy in a bar who turns you on. It's a girl thing.... :)

Edited by Amy Lewis