DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Started with Dogfish Head Fort which is always tasty, but this North Fork Framboise is truly sublime.

Eric Jorgensen is truly Whatcom County's own Emperor of Sours. :worshippy:

And, for the ultimate denoument of an early afternoon in this millenium...(drum-roll inserted here)...my last shot ever of a bottle of 1964 Black Bowmore that I purchased for $550 from the long defunct Westchester Brewing Co.of White Plains, N.Y., in late 1997. Considering that they were selling individual shots at $56, I thought the owner's asking price for a bottle was quite fair. Little did I know how reasonable that would seem, in retrospect...

It's more remarkable than any scotch I've ever tasted, but what is even more amazing is the current going rate for a bottle, which has insanely sky-rocketed to a ridiculous $11, 000-$13, 000!!!

I Guess I'm glad I jumped on that early opportunity back in the day... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :b-day:

Edited by Absomphe

I Guess I'm glad I jumped on that early opportunity back in the day... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :b-day:

That's what (insert gender here) said.

And :worshippy: on how long you made it last! Damn. :dev-cheers:

That's what (insert gender here) said, too.

Oh, I don't know...maybe I should've hung onto the whole bottle, and then put it up for auction.

Of course, that would have made me somebody else, which would have confused the hell out of us...me. :unsure: :laugh:

Polishing off that precious growler of that North Fork Framboise this evening. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

Of course, that would have made me somebody else, which would have confused the hell out of us...me. :unsure: :laugh:

And we sure as hell wouldn't want you to be anyone but the cantankerous, ornery, boisterous, old curmudgeon we all know and love.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable 2015.

This is the first time in over two years that I've tried the original version, and I have to say that there is absolutely no heat, despite the hefty 14% abv.

It's creamy and smooth with loads of bourbon, cacao leather, tobacco, dried brown fruits, and vanilla. I miss the coffee and cinnamon of the enhanced version, but the bourbon barrels this was aged in were originally filled with one of the best the Heaven Hill Heritage series offerings, and it shows more in the flavor than it does in the adjunct version. :thumbup:

Equal parts Solerno and Tuaca over ice.

I think some afternoon coffee sounds good as well, while it's still cool enough to relish those moments of wrapping your hands around a hot mug to warm up your fingers.

:cheers:

Edited by Hedonmonkey