DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Finally got my gifted bottle of Pacifique back from my buddy who just moved. Haven't had Pacifique since I gave it to him right when the stuff first came out. Thing is, I have a bottle in "deep storage" that I never opened, so I still get to keep that in reserve!

I'm also going to do a bit of the rounds tonight, see what some of my old absinthes are up to, particularly Essai 4, and one of the earliest bottles of Lucid from when it came out!

Should Be a fun evening!

I can jump on the 'fun evening' wagon. :thumbup:

Upon perusal of a certain cupboard, found the bottom of a bottle of Pacifique quietly waiting to be noticed.

Therefore, thusly noticed and to be plundered at will. :biggrin:

I can jump on the 'fun evening' wagon. :thumbup:

Upon perusal of a certain cupboard, found the bottom of a bottle of Pacifique quietly waiting to be noticed.

Therefore, thusly noticed and to be plundered at will. :biggrin:

Cheers! I'm louching my first glass right now. Had no recollection of its profile. Instantly surprised at its intense nose after pouring!

The Pacifique was good. Much more mellow than its aroma leads on. Would have benefited from sugar, but I think it'd make a great introductory absinthe!

Next up, Doubs Mystique.

Going with an "ique" theme I guess...

I'm one of those who just can't do sugar in my absinthe, but those who do are certainly in luck as sugar is in no short supply.

I'm just stickin' with the good booze theme. :)

I'm one of those who just can't do sugar in my absinthe, but those who do are certainly in luck as sugar is in no short supply.

I'm just stickin' with the good booze theme. :)

I usually don't use sugar. Although I've always loved trying new absinthe's with and without just to see what happens. Some--at least for me--come alive with sugar. But for the most part I find my favorites, and the best brands, need nothing but a slow, ice-cold drip!

Last evenings Valentine beverage

Founders Dark Penance Imperial Black IPA

24667323169_ec27d9709d.jpg

Followed tonight by Old Rasputin, and The Walking Dead.

24961796111_0c37b153af.jpg

The photo on the Penance makes me wonder, Is that Rasputin's mother?

Founder's is from my hometown. I understand they sold a major stake in the bidness to some big outfit this past year. So by the rules they are no longer technically considered a craft brewery.

Although, perhaps technically, it can still be called a craft brewery, as the fourteenth largest U.S. brewery in the U.S. (out of a record nearly 4200), I think it's a bit bloated to claim that classification.

Still, Stone's firm resistance to being acquired by an international behemoth like Inbev is certainly admirable.

Courage Imperial Russian Stout today. It was the first, and, while certainly not the best, it's still damn good.

Well, there's bad and then there's bad. :devil: I kinda :heart: certain kinds of bad.

It's looking like the storm is on for the rest of the afternoon and evening, so I think I'll throw some booze together and watch it blow while getting somewhat 'faced.

:dev-cheers:

Sometimes simple and classic are just what the doctor ordered. Classic Dry Martini: Broker's gin, Boissiere dry vermouth, Angostura orange bitters, twist.

I have no words. It speaks for itself.