DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tonight, I'm gonna have this unique 12 oz. At 18%, it'll be the strongest I've ever had (Mephistopheles is right on its tail). It's from the Avery Brewing Company (like Mephistopheles) out of Boulder, CO and named Rumpkin (from their annual barrel series). It's aled brewed with pumpkin and spices and aged in a rum barrel.

One of the few pumpkin beers that can beat out Southern Tier's Pumking.

For another night, gonna try some of this beer from The Breury out of Oakland, CA.

See if your store carries a beer of theirs called Chocolate Rain. It's a gift unto the gods.

I'll have to see if they can order it. I can't find it based on their Washington distributors but have work travel next month in California. The entire state has just one restaurant and Irish pub that has it down there. Price for a 220z bottle at the joint? 45 bucks! Soooo I'll see if I can get it shipped from one of their distributors.

Thanks for the scoop!

We suppose we are one of the few people fortunate enough to have beer-enthusiast friends like us that are willing to split up the price of a costly bottle of great beer. The beer’s about 19% or so; so, it’s best to share it with friends over a meal (pairs great with steak and lamb, especially).

We remember ourselves and our friends each chipping in about ten bucks to get the bottle, and another twenty bucks or so for some lamb chops, some t-bone steaks, and some oysters, before going out on a camping trip to our local state park. Grilled everything up that night and drank our brew by the warm glow of the bonfire. Great way to spend a night with friends!

Anytime you have a big beer like this, we find it best to share it with friends. Then, again, you could be a greedy glutton and slam it all by yourself. We wouldn’t judge you for it if you did. :cheerz:

We remember ourselves and our friends each chipping in about ten bucks to get the bottle, and another twenty bucks or so for some lamb chops, some t-bone steaks, and some oysters, before going out on a camping trip to our local state park. Grilled everything up that night and drank our brew by the warm glow of the bonfire. Great way to spend a night with friends!

I like the way you camp brother(s).

I like the way you camp brother(s).

Thanks. We remember the experience fondly; expect the part, of course, when our one friend convinced us of going on a “brief” hike along one of the park's trails (with no water or proper hiking gear, of course). Unfortunately, it ended up being that the trail was 4-miles long up and downhill. Got to give it to our friend, though; he was pretty convincing when he said that it would only be “a bit farther from where we were.” By the time we got back to camp, we took turns hosing each other under the water pump.

Boulder’s Shake Chocolate Porter. :heart:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Avery Vanilla Bean Stout (Bourbon Barrel Aged).

Nice soft bourbon and vanilla, silky body.

Very good, not great.

Incredibly exquisite bourbon barrel-aged Abominable Winter Ale from Fremont this eve. Quite good.

'Tis, indeed, mon Capitan.

The Coffee Cinnamon Bourbon Abominable, however, is incredibly exquisite squared.

Epic Big Bad Baptist today.

Absomphe, on 09 Oct 2015 - 2:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 08 Oct 2015 - 4:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 05 Oct 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:snapback.png

Absomphe, on 03 Oct 2015 - 2:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Fremont Brewing Brew 1000.

This was to celebrate Darkest Day last night, and it was followed by a Fremont 2015 Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Edition Stout.

Oh, the sadness, it's my last bottle! However, I'm sure Songcatcher, for one, will breathe a big sigh of relief. :laugh: :cheers:

Vesper Prayer, an interesting spin on the Vesper cocktail. (2 Oz Gin, 1/2 Oz of Kina, 1/2 Oz of Bénédictine garnish w./ Lemon Twist)