DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Proof positive, my friends, that only the boring suffer boredom. <yawn>.

The Abyss 2015 aged in cognac barrels. <yawn not>.

Edited by Absomphe

We used to think that way once. Then we understood how meaning was made through symbolic associations, and how those symbols could never surpass the impartial aspects of the planet itself (for nature, after all, is decidedly indifferent). Ah well, it's best, we suppose, to let people stay in love with their wondrous illusions if it keeps them happy. In this day and age, there aren't too many who will actually try to "deconstruct" the ideologies of their post-postmodern societies. :harhar:

By the way, The Abyss is one of the select few bourbon barrel-aged beers that we actually enjoy. Let us know if the cognac barrel-aging makes it any better.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Louching up for the first time in a long while.

1st up: Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love, my bottle from a long time ago. # 09-2 bottle 7.

The color held up very well with just a dusting of sediment on the bottom, which as we all know, isn't a bad thing.

Really missed that smell. Really missed that flavor.

Louching up for the first time in a long while.

1st up: Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love, my bottle from a long time ago. # 09-2 bottle 7.

The color held up very well with just a dusting of sediment on the bottom, which as we all know, isn't a bad thing.

Really missed that smell. Really missed that flavor.

Must be some sort of planetary alignment tonight.

Walton Waters, Batch #10-8, Bottle #1

Yup, it's not so much that the Seahawks won, as it is that the Vikings lost, but, hey, the result is the same.

Another amazing Abyss Cognac Barrel Aged 2015 to celebrate! :cheers:

Can't wait to pick some up, Abs. I picked up three IPAs from BevMo in Bellvue this eve. Asked about the Cognac/rye release but they don't have them yet.

Tonight, I'm gonna have this unique 12 oz. At 18%, it'll be the strongest I've ever had (Mephistopheles is right on its tail). It's from the Avery Brewing Company (like Mephistopheles) out of Boulder, CO and named Rumpkin (from their annual barrel series). It's aled brewed with pumpkin and spices and aged in a rum barrel.

For another night, gonna try some of this beer from The Breury out of Oakland, CA. It's named 8 Maids-a-Milking and is an Belgian-style imperial milk stout (a first for me). It's the 8th verse from their Twelve Beers or Christmas saga. This 750 ml is at 11.3%. Should be another interesting one.

The very last thing u saw as a "bookmark" to the store's IPA section brought a great big smile to my face and Abs, I immediately thought of you with your praise for..wait for it. Your praise of Fremont. Couldn't believe my eyes (at the shock AND the price of $20.99 a bottle)! I got a two dollar discount on it at the register though for some reason and every penny counts, right?

The beer:

Limited released bourbon barrel aged Abominable Winter ale. 2015 release and at 14%. This one intrigues me the most. ;^>

A Belgian, not "an". I saw, not "u". Damn. That's what I get when posting from my phone.

Too funny. I put them in the fridge and saw that I have The Stoic from Deschutes Brewery down in Bend, Oregon. It's a malt brewed with pomegranate and being aged in a oak wine barrel and at 16.5% AND, in aN (:)) oak rye whiskey barrel. What? Did they mess up on the label or are some beers aged in multiple barrels that are different from each other (type)?

Anyway, they're calling it a prized potent Belgian-styled quad (new word for me to look up as it relates to beer so my newbie ignorance is for all to see here) of stirring depth and complexity. I think I got that at Costco in November. *shrugs* We will see how deep and complex it is..