DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tonight, it's drinks and dinner with the illustrious Brooks Baldwin but, in the mean time, here's some dialogue with a Manhattan yellow taxi driver in trying to meet Brooks at the Dead Rabbit:

I tell the driver "I wanna go to 30 Water Street" to which, he replies, "where's that?" My rejoinder is, "The Financial District" to which he snaps and says, "it would've been better if you knew how to get there."

What would you've said to him next? Those who know me well enough, know that I'm one of the nicest guys out there but also know me well enough to know that I don't play, either, when pushed to the limit(s).

Should've put it in the pissed off thread but catching up with Brooks has me trying not to bitch slap this driver since I want to get there.

It was the worst taxi experience I've ever had in all of my life and maybe the third time I've not tipped. Super rare but it was a terrible experience.

Anyhoozle, we are here. A bit of work ordering drinks from missionary Lewis Pease's 70 page book by season and by shaker or mixing glass but Brooks and I are enjoying it and catching up.

Gonna try the Mean Fiddler (green spot Irish whiskey, Bowmore 12 year old Islay Scotch whiskey, Campari, green chartreuse, sweet vermouth, cinnamon, aromatic bitters).

Brooks is trying the Irish Paladin (Bushmills 10 year old Irish whiskey, Royal combier, Santa Teresa rhum orange, nardini amaro, absinthe. Hmm, gotta ask what kind in the last one since they claim the have "a variety").

2015 Bourbon County Brand Stout.

Followed by an Epic Ales Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout aged in whiskey barrels with cacao nibs and coffee added.

This one would normally have blown me away, except for the side-by-side BCBS.

Nope.

The owner of Elizabeth Station said that (in the Northwest) only Seattle got some of this year's coffee variant, and, as usual, none of the other variants made it up here.

Is it wrong to wish that someone would tell Phil Simms that there's no such word as acrossed or acrosst or whatever the hell it is he's trying to say?

For crap sake, man, the word is across.

Oh, I'm drinking Solerno. :cheers: