DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

L'ancienne 2014

The WW at the front of this is simply amazing. This is where its at. Wow. My bottle is getting lighter and lighter.

Tatoosh, bourbon whiskey shots.

Now? Tatoosh Rye 86. Wow. There IS a difference!

Redux Absinthe. :heart:

Picked up a four-pack of Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin and a sixer of Smuttynose's Pumpkin Ale. Will have to try those out sometime soon. 'Tis the season, after all. :biggrin:

Meadow of Love. :heart: Still our numero uno absinthe. But, with summer coming to a standstill, it'll soon be time to break out the Fall beers (for beer is still best, after all). :cheerz:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Meadow of Love. :heart: Still our numero uno absinthe

Ive been wondering how Walton Waters compares to Meadow of Love. MOL is definitely one of my favorites and I cant seem to buy WW in its place though maybe I should try it

In our experience, Walton Waters isn't as sweet as Meadow of Love. This could be due to the fact that, along with lemon balm, WW also includes lemon thyme in its recipe. For us, this makes it a bit too lemony. Furthermore, WW is not as floral tasting or as flowery smelling as MoL (this is most likely due to the omission of violets in the recipe).

Over all, WW is a very nice absinthe experience, but it just can't seem to surpass its more sophisticated sibling. :wave2:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

No problem. :wave2:

Drinking: Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Smells like pumpkin pie. Lots of ginger and all-spice; some brown sugar too. Taste is kind of flat, though. Thin-bodied. You can taste some spices, but no pumpkin whatsoever. Alcohol is noticeable as well. The beer also has a wateriness to it. Finishes dry. Kind of disappointed with this one. :thumbdown: Maybe we got a bad batch.

With this kind of competition, we guess that Southern Tier's Pumking can go on to easily keep its crown (will have to try their Warlock as well).

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Smuttynose's Pumpkin Ale. Buttery and squashy notes. Some nice spices. Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, all-spice, etc. Could use a bit more malt. On the light side, but very sessionable. Enjoyable and worth a purchase if you’re looking for a new pumpkin beer.

Forgot to mention that this has a nice hop finish in the end as well. Crisp and refreshing. It's almost like you took a session-IPA and added some squash and spices to it. Finishes on the dry side. Best served slightly chilled. Very nice indeed.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Speaking of pumpkin beers, I had the new Almanac Pumpkin Sour tonight. It was different than last years Dark Pumpkin Sour, much better actually. Likely the best pumpkin beer I've had thus far as I'm not usually a fan. Also had their new Citra Sour which was dry-hopped. It sounds good but I doubt I would buy it again. Finished off with Rare Barrel's Home, Sour Home which, as I have probably said before, is one of the greatest sour beers I've EVER had. It's a golden sour brewed with peaches, cinnamon, and vanilla which comes out like a perfectly balanced peach cobbler beer, a sour one of course. Extremely interesting

Jade Terminus Oxygenee for the first time, accompanied by mushroom pasta and huckleberry/chocolate pie.

Propably also Gin Tonics later if i go clubbing (don't know yet if i should....)