DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Water, plenty of it (to complement the amoxicillin, Percocet and prednisone over the next few days).

Bummer.

I finished the antibiotics from that bite last night and was able to put the pain meds away days ago. (woohoo)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Indeed, here's to a speedy recovery, Cap'n! :cheers:

Two completely different kettles of beer today...Perennial Bourbon Barrel Aged Sump Coffee Stout, the beer with the awful name, but exquisite cappuccino flavor, and the equally fantastic Cascade Figaro 2013, a strong sour aged on figs and lemon peel. :punk:

Edited by Absomphe

Thank you!

Glad you're feeling better, HM. Abs, as usual, you always seem to be able to procure the best of the best. ;^>

Iron Fist Dark Days Rum Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

So incredibly complex and smooth for 14.3% abv, absolutely delicious.

I hear the rum and coconut version is even more remarkable, but I've heard it's only available on tap in Cali, and this home-slice ain't never goin' there. :biggrin:

Edited by Absomphe

Next week marks the series finale of Justified.

I might just have to whip myself up a mason jar of that elixir, in Margo Matindale's honor. :dev-cheers:

More Iron Fist Dark Days today.

I'm jumping in deep tonight... My wife and I hosting our first tasting for a few friends.

It's kind of funny to me that she wants in, because it wasn't long ago that she really didn't like absinthe. Then I introduced her to the blanche... Silly girl. Now, she seems to think the bottles of Clandestine and Vilya are hers! She does like vertes now, so basically I guess that means I need to do double orders from here on. Oh, alright! B)

Absinthe and women... When I go, I'm going down with a smile, that's for sure.

Anyway, tonight, the "menu" is: La Clandestine, Vilya Blanche, Vilya Verte, REDUX, Pacifique, Vieux Pontarlier, and Vieux Carre.

We're planning a nice grilled dinner, and everyone coming wants to watch "Absinthe - A documentary" so, that'll be thrown in somewhere.

Should be fun. How many on the guest list?

Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to it. It'll be a small gathering, 8 are definite, and possibly another 2.

That sounds like a blast TJ; I hope it goes well!

My wife can't stand absinthe. The other night she took a sip of Jade PF1901 and almost socked me for talking her into trying it. Ah well; more for me I guess!

Thanks, I do too. I can see about 6 of them really enjoying it, but I'm not sure about the others. But, like you said, more for me!

Mine hated the Pacifique when she first tried it, so I didn't ask her to try it again. Shortly after I got my first bottle of La Clandestine, and it sat a few months, I made one up. I was shocked at how great it tasted, and probably sounded a bit NSFW after the first sip and this caught her attention... She started picking on me for my "aural-gasmic" seizure, so after about 30 seconds of her cackling, I suggested she either take a sip, or :censor1: off. :shifty:

Put up or shut up seemed to work. She took a sip, and has been hooked since. I may have created a monster...

Anyway, it may not be tonight yet, but after lunch today a nice Gentleman Jack on the rocks sounded fantastic. I was not disappointed! (Of course, it doesn't take much to amuse me.)

Go for it! :mbanana:

I think any of those charming gentlefolk connected to that brewery should attempt a human testicle beer next.

Using their own, of course.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable Coffee and Cinnamon Edition.

-TJ- I would suggest making a big glass, and then dividing it up into small cordials for your guests to try. That way, if they don't like it they won't waste your booze. And, it may help keep them from just guzzling it down, without tasting all there is to notice in each sip. Great choice of media for the occasion as well. Enjoy your evening!

-TJ- I would suggest making a big glass, and then dividing it up into small codials for your guests to try. That way, if they don't like it they won't waste your booze. And, it may help keep them from just guzzling it down, without tasting all there is to notice in each sip. Great choice of media for the occasion as well. Enjoy your evening!

I saw your suggestion about 30 minutes before our guests arrived, and am glad I did, thanks! It worked great, and it was really a fantastic time. 7 out of 10 really liked it, 2 were unsure, and 1 took a sip, and then stuck to the wine she brought. The best part of the evening was the turn around attitude of our friend who once believed the propaganda. He was humbled last night, but also baffled as to why so many still buy into the BS, especially with all of the scientific evidence... Definitely a great night.

Today, it's water, tea, and black coffee though. Due to training (and a few other factors) absinthe, whiskey (and the occasional beer, if it's a decent brew) are the only alcohols I drink anymore. One of the many benefits here is that my "stash" can grow at a much faster rate! Even WITH Shelly's new found love of all things absinthe. Thankfully, she's also training! :biggrin:

Watching Game of Thrones and drinking Jade Terminus and Reves De 1900 with the girlfriend tonight :)

Season 5?

These episodes are too short.

Go for it! :mbanana:

I think any of those charming gentlefolk connected to that brewery should attempt a human testicle beer next.

Using their own, of course.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable Coffee and Cinnamon Edition.

And an Against the Grain London Balling Barleywine chaser.