DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Go for it! :mbanana:

I think any of those charming gentlefolk connected to that brewery should attempt a human testicle beer next.

Using their own, of course.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable Coffee and Cinnamon Edition.

I've been using Cruzan Blackstrap, so Perfect Storms (due to copyright). Sounds good SC,too bad I don't have any Rye lying around. Does that count as ironic? Alanis Morisette really muddied the water on this. :laugh:

Talk about muddied water. Couldn't find my rye either, (how "rye-ronic" is that?) and had a '14 L'ancienne instead. Beautiful murky brown louche. Bottle has improved 5 fold since first opening. Tastes of licorice, confectioners sugar, and honeysuckles. And so much more that comes and goes during the drink. Immensely pleased with this years batch.

Trying a 2011 L'Ancienne for the first time in a long time. Every evaluation I have of this done between December 2011 and July 2012 said that I thought, given enough time, this would shape up to be something really special. Well... it is beautiful. I'm tasting this to reinstall my absinthe palate so I may try some 2014 that was very generously sent to me by an esteemed member here (yeah, I know... everyone here thinks their member is esteemed). I'll do the last of some 2012 I have lying around tomorrow, and then the 2014 either Wednesday or Thursday. To those of you wielding bottles of any release of this in your stash, I'm envious.

Now off to play some gee-tar.

After this day? I'm going to START with Vilya Verte, and Gentleman Jack. Lots of each! We'll see where the ride takes me...

Thanks. It's starting to do exactly what I needed!

Oooh, I hadn't even considered stout... Thanks for the idea, Absomphe. Now, If I can sweet talk the Mrs. to grab some while she's out.

How was that combo? I haven't opened me bottle yet.

Started with a curious blanche.

Continue with Ridge Blanche.

Not sure what may be next.

I may have a touch of pre-ban for tomorrow. This is awesome stuff. (the Ridge stuff)

Time for some Genepi liqueur.

Hugs and cheers!