DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I don't know of any superlative brandy barrel aged beers that are available, unless you're willing to trade your soul (and it had better be barrel aged, as well) for them.

The best seem to come from Cigar City Brewing, which is in Tampa...

Hey, wait a minute, doesn't that put it in range for you?

Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Tampa?? I'll be there for work the week after next. Thanks for the tip. ;^>

I'm truly envious, Cap'n. :worshippy:

I just poured a mini snifter of A Deal With The Devil in your honor, although I wish it could have been the impossible to obtain Hunaphu's Double Barrel Aged Imperial Stout from Cigar City. And for me to wish for any beer in my glass over what I'm sipping now, says it all.

Edited by Absomphe

I'll have to see what they have. I'm assuming these are seasonal offerings so prolly won't have much (if anything) there, right?

Well, it is their winter season, too, so you never know.

The Double Barrel Aged Hunaphu's Imperial Stout is listed as retired on Beer Advocate, but there are still ratings coming in, and it's currently at a ridiculous 4.76 out of 5.

There are also other variants of Hunaphu's, so, who knows, you might just get lucky.

Still, even if you miss the party, it means that this year's basic Hunaphu's should definitely be available when you stop by.

And, as far as variants go, it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask what might be hiding in a back room. :devil:

*nods* I like the way you think. :)

Call me crazy,

But I dont taste much difference between the regular offered Old Stock Ale and this $25 a bottle cellar release. Maybe a bit more heat from the 14%abv.

Edited by greytail

Impressive, gt. enjoy!

WOW! I did not believe you Abs. I thought i would be disappointed. The trip for these bottles was so worth it. Lots of brandy notes and awesome dark fruit. Just pure awesome.

Is this really beer? Toffee and brandy continue to hit my nose with each sip. If I were blindfolded and were it not for the ever so slight carbonation, I would swear I am drinking a great tawny port.

Edited by greytail

WOW! I did not believe you Abs.

When it comes to beer, I am (to quote Floki from History Channel's Vikings), I am a trustworthy person. :devil:

With all the buzz about the new L'Ancienne,I couldn't resist the temptation to pour a glass of 2011 L'Ancienne this afternoon.

2014 Great Divide Barrel Aged Hibernation.

Nice bourbon entry, followed by chocolate and dark fruity notes with a touch of earthy hoppiness in the finish.

Unfortunately, it's on the thin side (probably due to the barrel aging) and not as complex as the non-barrel aged version.

I think Bills fans would like to have Joe Ferguson back, considering the last decade's dearth of quality QBs...

Tonight it's Bell's Two-Hearted ale.

Well, Fergy in his heyday, that is, Abs. (Not the Black-Eyed Peas chanteuse, haha)

Moved on to a bit of Emperor Norton.

Tonight finds me sipping a local Gin and questionable tonic water.

It sort of works.....one poor balances out the other poor.

I am living the dream!

Cheers!

I think any of those charming gentlefolk connected to that brewery should attempt a human testicle beer next.

Using their own, of course.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable Coffee and Cinnamon Edition.