DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Thanks for the tip, ripper!

Tonight, I'm drinking Blue Moon Mountain Abbey Ale...and breathlessly awaiting the arrival of my second absinthe purchase. Why must mail be so slow??

I had the long island iced teas last night, they were tasty! I think I have enough rum for a couple more tonight before I have to mix up something else.

BTW, I use... 1oz each of bourbon, rum, tequila, gin, vodka, triple sec, and sweet and sour, with a dash of coke.

Vilya verte.

I'm drinking some delicious Meadow of Love in my new glass! I'm really surprised at how naturally sweet it is and I'm a little hesitant to try it with sugar...

I scooped up my first bottle of MoL last week as it seemed to come highly recommended. Very impressive and I would never taint it with sugar personally. However, tonight I decided to share with kindred spirits and crack the crown on a Bourbonic Plague from Cascade, next a Hop Zombie from Epic (the New Zealand Epic, not the one in Utah), now I'm on to a Rufus Corvus from Avery and a Bourbon Sour Porter from Almanac to continue the barrel aged sour theme. Depending how I feel, I might crack this Beer Geek Brunch (Cognac Edition) from Mikkeller or this Cantillon Gueuze. Say what you must about California, but there are some of the greatest beers in the world available here. :secret2:

We have decided on the Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (Cognac Edition), and I forgot to mention the 'weasel' part above. I guess these guys don't understand how rare Cantillon is hahaha. Oh well, more for me :no2:

Started with a little prototype absinthe, then on to a prototype gin. Screw that!

I'm now sipping a 2012 reserve THE ABYSS. The perfect nightcap for this lonely Okie.

Cheers! :)

Over a year ago I bought a 20cl bottle of St. Georges (local to me) and wasn't very impressed. I drank it a few times and was surprised by the deep feuille morte color, and not excited by the flavor. I can't remember the last time I had it, but tonight I pulled out the bottle, with barely two glasses worth left, and tried it. I don't know if the aeration did it, or my palate has changed, but whatever: I seriously enjoyed it. Not the greatest absinthe I've had by any stretch. But damn good, which I very definitely would never have said before. I really can't believe it's the same bottle.

Despite the feuille morte color it louches well and green, and has (at least tonight) very complex and balanced flavors. Who knows? I may actually end up buying more, after previously having written it off.

Maybe I was just in the right frame of mind tonight, but for the first time ever I truly enjoyed it.

Pacifique

Perrenial Artisanal Ales Abraxas.

WOW!!!

The best chili, cinnamon and cacao nibs enhanced imperial stout I've ever tasted.

I hear the barrel aged version is beyond phenomenal, so I hope to track down that elusive critter in the not-too-distant future.

New Belgium Twisted Spoke 15th Anniversary sour aged in Leopold's apple brandy barrels.

This is the second time I've been fortunate to savor this wondrous brew, and it may be my favorite sour ever.

I couldn't find a date on my label, Bill. Where is it on your label? My eyes are old.

The storm here is more than a little disappointing, but I'm bearing up with not-so-wee drams of Fremont KDS Coffee Edition and Bourbon County Coffee stouts. :drunk:

New Belgium Twisted Spoke 15th Anniversary sour aged in Leopold's apple brandy barrels.
This is the second time I've been fortunate to savor this wondrous brew, and it may be my favorite sour ever.

Wow, never heard of that one but it sounds more than intriguing. Im guessing its not part of the 'Lips of Faith' series? Very impressive find, sir. Hopefully Ill be fortunate enough to get my hands on some.

Tonight Im having a Deep River DIPA (Kern River/Knee Deep collaboration) and a Master of Disguise, Imperial Golden Stout from Stone. Cheers

" Im guessing its not part of the 'Lips of Faith' series? Very impressive find, sir. Hopefully Ill be fortunate enough to get my hands on some."

Excellent guess, my friend.

And, as to getting your hands on some...it was extremely limited, so I wish you the best of luck with that. :cheers: