DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hah, fair enough. I have to say I did enjoy Lucid quite a bit... but then again, who knows how I'd feel if I were to revisit it after growing accustomed to MoL.

That's probably not going to happen anytime soon though, since a bottle of Lucid is $55 around here, and I'd rather fork over the extra twenty bucks to try Walton Waters or Pacifique.

Fullers ESB

Not had Lucid since I first formed my opinion on it years ago. If the recipe and herb selection has not changed, I do not guess I will pay to see if I am still as opinionated on it.

Vilya Verte. This is a very enjoyable absinthe, wonderful finish.

Regarding Lucid, it's legitimate absinthe but boy is it the definition of mediocre. It's drinkable and is not terrible like (in my opinion) Libertine 68 Amer. I think the beet base gives it a strange funk, I don't see myself ever purchasing it again. It's so hard to believe that it's from the same distillery that gives us the wonderful Jades! For US absinthe go for Vilya, Pacifique, really anything from Delaware Phoenix Distillery, or Marteau Master's Reserve. Cheers! :cheers:

On the subject of Lucid, I sure wouldn't mind a bottle but prices in my area have jumped to $80 a bottle at the local Bevmo. And yes, it is me... I'm Back! :) how are you gentleman and ladies doing? Tonight I finish the very last of my reserves, the last of my last remaining bottles of Marteau and Ridge. A sad day indeed. Hopefully I will find means to re stock soon enough. :cheerz:

80 USD???? That's ludicrous and insulting.

Lucidicrous!!!!

Especially when one compares it to the price of Pacifique at Bevmo.

Fremont Brewing Bellingham Beer Week Cowiche Canyon #3 IPA.

As good as an IPA gets. :worshippy: :clap:

Edited by Absomphe

ind

indeed it is. Sadly their are no absinthe locally worth buying at the $80 price point so im pretty much out of luck until i can get away with an internet order.

Especially when one compares it to the price of Pacifique at Bevmo.

If only Bevmo near me carried brands like Pacifique. I got lower tier option at premium prices. Not sure what Bevmo is up to with this price hike. Im back to St goerge and Kübler as my only two decently priced absinthes.

Edited by m.a.mccullough

indeed it is. Sadly their are no absinthe locally worth buying at the $80 price point so im pretty much out of luck until i can get away with an internet order.

While prestige pricing knows no bounds, intelligent absintheurs know plenty. Save for that internet order.

I've recently found out that we have some dang decent breweries in this state.

Last evening I enjoyed one of Prairie Artisan Ales, Bible Belt. Pretty good by local standards. :)

I followed that by an offering from Coop Brewery, F5. Pretty sure it's a play on our tornadoes.

I've enjoyed the local offerings so much lately.

After dinner it was a full glass of Marteau.

It's nice to be home.

:heart:

B

Prairie Bomb! is just that. :heart:

Even relishing my Cowiche Canyon, at the moment, I'm imagining it's been magically supplanted by one of the above.

Edited by Absomphe

Some lagunitas imperial stout paired with a Gurkha vintage shaggy that's been resting a year in my humidor. Beautiful elegant and floral like potpourri. A wonderful accompaniment to a night with my piano. Cheers everyone!