DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

This thread should be called the "What's Absomphe drinking for lunch, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, high tea beer, second lunch, dinner, supper, ninesies, tensies, elevensies, and midnight snack" thread. :shifty:

Indeed...what Jethro said. :arrr: :dev-cheers: :cheers: :cheerz: :drunk:

Where do you get all those wonderful beers?

Mostly at a beer emporium called Elizabeth Station.

Before it opened about two and half years ago, one needed to head 100 miles south to Seattle to find the really good stuff, but, thankfully, that's no longer the case.

We got total wine and more here but they rarely get anything new in and just when I find something I really like they go and stop stocking it.

Before it opened about two and half years ago, I had walking around money, and groceries in the house, but, unfortunately, that's no longer the case.

If I were in your shoes, and there were such a place near me.

Silver City Brewing's The Giant Made of Shadows Belgian Strong Dark Ale.

Aged in Tempranillo wine barrels, this ale has a very intriguing underpinning which is rather more earthy and savory than sweet, and reminiscent of leather and fresh tobacco leaves. These flavors blend nicely with the notes of chocolate, fig, date raisin, prune, imparted by the blend of malts, and banana, and clove esters contributed by the Belgian yeast.

Edited by Absomphe

Finished off a bottle of absinthe I haven't been too keen on since the day I opened it. Kinda glad to see it finally gone. That's one I sure won't buy again.

A mini snifter of Gulden Draak Brewmaster's Reserve allegedly aged in bourbon barrels.

Disappointingly light in color and flavor compared to the standard Gulden Draak, with absolutely no bourbon presence whatsoever. :thumbdown:

Apparently it is no longer seasonal at the local store here. At least that is what the lady told me as I asked her with a perplexed look as to the meaning of it being on the shelf in high summer.