DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I've been mixing up martinis all weekend. Plymouth gin, formula antiqua(?), and regan's orange bitters, with a twist!

But now it's back to work and being on call...

Marc, I just got done bottling up my most recent batch of voyager and homemade tonic. They shall be enjoyed immensely in about a month at my first cookout of the season. :)

Octomore 6.2 limousine cask edition for me tonight. Yum.

I'm looking forward to it, Brian.

Marc, I just got done bottling up my most recent batch of voyager and homemade tonic. They shall be enjoyed immensely in about a month at my first cookout of the season. :)

I'm really interested to hear how it turns out, and your recipe/process for making it.

I've done them quite a few times in the past. This is probably batch 30 or more.

I bought some 187ml bottles (approx 6 oz) like these and a bottle capper, which I use to bottle barrel aged cocktails a lot, but I also bottle fresh ones for get-togethers.

For the tonic, I use this original tonic water recipe with slight variations based on my tastes at the time

Then I mix up the batch based on the proper ratios and carbonate it (I typically double carbonate since some of the carbonation will be lost while decanting

Then I use a bottling siphon, doing so as gently as possible to preserve the carbonation

Cap and store in fridge. :)

They are fantastic. Don't even need to pour them into a glass. Great for a warm day.

Added some Amer Picon to a Raspberry Barley wine style ale from Berkshire Brewing Co. The slightly bitter orange from the Picon works very well with the raspberry. Made me happy today !

Snow probable for Tuesday. I'm over it.

Simple g & ts last night.

Glad to be home after being on the road 38 of the last 49 days. Yay me! Next fun non work-related trip will be NM. :)

Pacifique i'm getting close to finishing the bottle. It's au revoir and not goodbye because she will be the first absinthe to become a staple in my bar! :cheers:

Sampled some chocolate mead earlier today. It wasn't bad, but not what the maker had in mind. Moved on to Ridge Blanche and now Pacifique this evening.

Glad to be home after being on the road 38 of the last 49 days. Yay me! Next fun non work-related trip will be NM. :)

Oh? First Joe and now now this cat. What the hell is going on? SRLRSY.