DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

3:1 for Eddie? Wow. You like it strong. I take eddie almost to 5:1.

Sure. Not all the time, but sometimes I like it a little stronger. Even 2/1 at times. But Edouard has such a smooth and non offensive base that makes it very flexible like that. Heck, sometimes I even sip it neat before I add any water.

Blanche Traditionelle #2 from "06, & La Clandestine.Really enjoying La Clandestine.I haven't touched that bottle in almost three years.Gonna have to go for another.

Every time I pour a glass of that, I get sadder and sadder. I wanna stock up on some other absinthes I haven't had in a while...but once the La Grenouille runs out, I'm probably just gonna buy another bottle straightaway.

Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout side-by-side with Avery Mephistopheles.

Very different animals, but surprisingly complementary.

Ah,those B52s...takes me back to McVan's in Buffalo circa February '79, sittin' (well more like gyratin') in the front row, center stage. :punk: :mbanana: :b-day:

Old Horizontal today.

Edited by Absomphe

Cock 'n bull special (bourbon, benedictine, cognac, combier, bitters).

It was quite nice.

A little disappointed today. Ya snooze, ya lose. The Abyss, is not to be had in the Portland area and the only place that seems to have it is some joint in Bend, Oregon. I'll plan better next time.

I managed to snag a couple of bottles this year, and, I must say, I was disappointed.

It just seems to emphasize the licorice, roast, and cherry bark more each year, at the expense of the chocolate and dark fruit flavors.

Enjoying a Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout today.

Definitely more my cup o' beer, InBev be damned.

You know, Abs, I'm glad you brought "expense" up because the average price of a bottle is now around 18 bucks! I paid 11 back in 2007. Supply and demand.

That stout reads tasty. Enjoy!

I feel ya, Cap'n.

InBev may be a Belgian corporate giant, but they've maintained the superior quality of the Bourbon County line, and kept the cost to under six bucks for a twelve ounce bottle. :thumbup:

It was quite nice.

A little disappointed today. Ya snooze, ya lose. The Abyss, is not to be had in the Portland area and the only place that seems to have it is some joint in Bend, Oregon. I'll plan better next time.

Rest easy friend. Just bring a silly straw and a plastic cup in May.

Thanks, Abs!

Baubel, you're on! :)