DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I made Buddha's hand liqueur, strawberry liqueur, hazelnut liqueur, and pineapple liqueur a few hours ago. Waiting until after dinner to dive in. Any tiki aficionados NEED to make some pineapple liqueur.

@Dollburger - Truly: one of the best things about having a couple Jades on-hand (since they are supposed to be authentic re-productions) is the first-hand realization at just how good readily-available US marques like Marteau, Ridge [Vilya], and Pacifique really are.

:cheers:

More Melvin 2X4 today, thanks to BevX360 who got their greedy paws on another mini-keg that was actually ​rejected​ by some mentally challed dive bar owner in the arse end of our county...thanks, moron!

Now for a Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout chaser...

I bought a bottle of their standard Bourbon County release tonight for a friend. It looks interesting but it's a pretty meager 14.9% abv.

Weren't you in that old Talking Heads video? :laf:

He's been wearing too many damn ties.

@Dollburger - Truly: one of the best things about having a couple Jades on-hand (since they are supposed to be authentic re-productions) is the first-hand realization at just how good readily-available US marques like Marteau, Ridge [Vilya], and Pacifique really are.

:cheers:

Thanks for that, Joseph. I agree with you and acknowledge my prejudice while saying, American absinthe doesn't take a backseat to any European absinthe. The Jades are high quality absinthes but not any more than a dozen or so other choices. I am fond of the 1901 but equally fond of Marteau, Pacifique and a few other choices that range $30 -$50 less a bottle.

Last night a side-by-side comparison of Remy Martin VSOP and Tesserone 90. Sipping straight up, that buttery Remy Martin wins hands down.

Okay Joe, put that Remy up against Tesseron 53 or 29 and tell how that works out ;)

Yeah, I'm a bit shocked over how badly Lot 90 did vs Remy VSOP. Lot of disillusionment, le sigh.... :unsure:

300x300.jpg

Ok, so I feel guilty about saying this but... After a long fling with Negronis and Campari I've developed a fondness for bitter. While in Chicago I got a bottle of Abyss made by Lemercier and actually (it pains me to say) liked it... I am at home now with an 8 year old bottle of their Lemecier AMER and I kind of like the bitter finish... I feel like i've spent the night with a hooker... or worse yet... Dr. O...