DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I'll have to check them out and stock up since I'm moving back in three weeks for a few months.

Indeed, my deepest condolences.

This may sound a bit cruel, but I'd recommend only a very brief period of mourning before replacing your poor, deceased companion with another one. :devil:

Edited by Absomphe

I agree with Abs and will add that perhaps brief counseling may help you with this tragic loss until said new companion arrives to lift your spirits once more.

We're here for you.

Well, the support you guys give is amazing counseling in itself, combo'd with the bonus of sound advice. It just doesn't get any better than that.

A mail order companion is on it's way. (yay)

This afternoon's companion is Solerno, St. Germain, and 7-up over ice. Tasty.

Cheers!

Edited by Hedonmonkey

it's

Nope...never mind.

Far be it from this clown to quibble over an uncalled for apostrophe during a forlorn hedonist's time of bereavement. :laugh: :cheers:

A side by side tasting of the "regular" and coffee versions of 2013 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout.

Bottom line: they're both simply awesome.

Edited by Absomphe

Abs. So bad. Don't change. ;^>

Nice. DITAs can be very hit or miss depending on the absinthe-champaigncombo. Out of curiosity what brands did
you use?

Now that I’ve learned some exotic cocktails, a Mai Tai and a Zombie are going great with this lemon pepper mahi mahi. :mbanana:

Haha it figures you'd ask, when I have no clues what champagne it was! My girlfriend was drinking a bottle with some St. Germain and I took a glass to try DITA. I used Pacifique but I'm not sure what the champagne was...I think it was an Asti of sorts.

2X4 DIPA by Melvin Brewing a.k.a. Thai Me Up Restaurant in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

No, I'm not joking.

Apparently, the brew master of this microscopic 3 barrel brewery grew up in the north Puget Sound, and has decided to distribute his rare gem soley to Bellingham.

He's a two time GABF Alpha King gold medal winner, and this Heady Topper clone is spot on...this is the most complex double IPA I've ever tasted. It's heaven in a glass with mandarin orange, tangerine, grapefruit, peach, mango, pineapple, and apricot esters that won't quit. Absolutely to die for, and only on tap at Elizabeth Station and in Jackson Hole Wyoming...lucky me!

When I travel, I like to sample the wares of local artists. Lemme say, southern Indiana is a wasteland. There doesn't seem to be any regional micro-distilleries. 3 Floyds is the premier artisan brewery and while they aren't specifically southern Indiana, I'm not going to drink crap over the Christmas holiday. 3 Floyds makes some damn fine brew. :cheers:

Last night I did a side by side of regular yellow Chartreuse, with an aged yellow VEP Chartreuse, my first. Wow. It will be hard to drink the regular version again, which I loved.

Damned raising of the bar... this always happens with the good stuff.

Same deal with the green Chartreuse.

There's just no contest between the regular, and the VEP.

Edited by Absomphe