DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Been awhile since I had a good single malt. I prefer Islay malts for the peat, but you went and tempted me Gee. I chose the Quinta Ruban. Brian, good call.

Edited by greytail

Bourbon whiskey. Breckenridge. It's young but good.

You definitely can't beat the price. I'm not a big bourbon fan, but our bottle seems to have disappeared pretty quickly.

Been awhile since I had a good single malt. I prefer Islay malts for the peat, but you went and tempted me Gee. I chose the Quinta Ruban. Brian, good call.

I have my Quinta Ruban bottle next to the Lasanta.

I love a good Islay too, but I must say its a nice welcome change of scenery.

I ran an absinthe to play around with on the Deroy a month or so ago... sipping that. I hate young absinthe, but I love an absinthe buzz. Cheers to each of you.

Some red wine for me tonight.

2010 The Abyss on tap.

I'm preparing a package of the 2012 with some "drinking glasses" for a friend. dgp033_drinking_straw_glasses_1.jpg

Edited by baubel

Eggnog with some of the "meh" absinthe from our cupboard mixed in.

How'd that go? Is it any good?

Yeah...I think store-bought eggnog is pretty flavorful as it is...I only use really nice absinthe if it's homemade eggnog. So far, the two absinthes I've used have been more star anise heavy (which I can't stand to drink on its own), but it's pretty well masked by the eggnog flavors.

2013 Ivan the Terrible.

Up to 13.8% this year with absolutely ZERO heat (the best hidden alcohol I've experienced in a beer inmany years), and otherwise, delicious, as always.

2013 Ivan the Terrible.

Up to 13.8% this year with absolutely ZERO heat (the best hidden alcohol I've experienced in a beer inmany years), and otherwise, delicious, as always.

Better go easy on that heavy doody stuff. :wheelchair:

Vilya Spirits Verte at the office Christmas party was a great way to get into the holiday spirit tonight.

The food was wonderful, the drink wasn't bad and the entertainment was more than acceptable.

Settling in for a couple glasses of homebrew before we call this day done. :cheers:

De Moelen/Against the Grain Bo & Luke Imperial Stout brewed with smoked cherry wood and aged in Pappy van Winkle barrels.

Despite the Dukes of Hazard paean, this is one serious (and seriously quirky) Imperial Stout.

It's beautifully crafted, silky, and very smoky, with a subtle, smooth bourbon underpinning.

I like it a lot, but I think the smoke could have been more subdued, and the bourbon kicked up a couple of notches, especially considering the desirability of the barrels it was aged in.

Time to switch to Ivan the Terrible for the Seahawk/49er match up. :punk: :mbanana:

Edited by Absomphe

Batch #38: Bottled on August 26, 2012. Part of a very small 10 gallon (19 proof gallons) verte batch.

Most herbs were organic including anise, fennel, coriander, angelica root and elecampane. Herbs grown specifically by Vilya Spirits include: pontica, grand wormwood and melissa. The angelica seed was wildcrafted on Griffin Creek in the Salish Mountain range in the Northwest Montana Rocky Mountains. :cheers: