DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I made a cranberry cocktail.

Vanilla vodka (ran out of cranberry vodka!)

Splash of orange juice

Club Soda

all over muddled cranberries and a bit of simple syrup

Fremont Kentucky Dark Star bourbon barrel aged Oatmeal Imperial Stout

Maybe even more spectacular than Bourbon Abominable. :worshippy: .

Edited by Absomphe

Couple glasses of a cheap house white from a local winery, and a couple snifters of Remy-Martin vsop. Finished the bottle, time to replace it. Think I'll get a bottle of Hine this time.

Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin Oatmeal Stout. (bourbon barrel aged).

Their equivalent to Fremont Brewing's Kentucky Dark Star.

It's very nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to the KDS.

Bourbon whiskey. Breckenridge. It's young but good.

Breckenridge bourbon whiskey. Oh, and some hiccups before bed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and your families who celebrate it!

Thanksgiving with friends yesterday.I brought a bottle of VP & MOL. A 20 something in from Boston told me he gets together with friends for absinthe night and so far they've only had Lucid.He asked me if I prepare absinthe in the "traditional & proper way" He was referring to lighting the sugar cube on fire.I corrected him in a gentle & fatherly way by telling him that was bullshit.He laughed & was happy to learn a couple things to bring back to his friends.He seemed pretty interested,so I told him to check out the WWS.Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Tish and I were up bright and early this morning to take part in the purchase of a stash of Black Friday Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on sale at Elizabeth Station.

When I tried this stuff in 2008, I found it to be overly hot and bourbon forward, with little balancing roast or fruitiness, and only minimal chocolate flavor.

This year's version is two percent higher in alcohol (14.9%), and yet there is barely any discernible heat, and the flavor profile is astoundingly deep, rich, and complex with a velvety and syrupy texture that is nonpareil. I love to play the "can you top this" game with beers (and particularly my cherished Imperial Stouts), and this one has laid down the gauntlet.

When I heard that Anheuser Busch had purchased Goose Island in 2011, I was highly skeptical of this beer showing any evolution, but happily, I was completely mistaken.

Sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, our great state *yawn* won't stock any AB or coors products over 3.2 ABV or ABW.....I forget.

I've gotten by without them for quite a spell.

Cheers!

Ello gents and ladies! It's been far too long but I am back and I've missed you all. Tonight I shall be enjoying a glass or two of Ridge I bought locally here in California. Congrats and thanks Miss Jules and Mr Joe!

Ello gents and ladies! It's been far too long but I am back and I've missed you all. Tonight I shall be enjoying a glass or two of Ridge I bought locally here in California. Congrats and thanks Miss Jules and Mr Joe!