DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Since my own hard cider will not be ready for several months, I went to a farm/ orchard that has been around since the 1700's (Averill Farms) where they make their own hard cider. Not bad, actually pretty damn good, drinks better than a lot of white wines I have had and much better than most of the crap in the stores.

Thanks for the tip Rob!I think I'll take a ride up there tomorrow.I've never knew about this place.I like to get my "soft" unpasteurized cider from Park Lane Cider Mill New Milford Ct.This place isn't much further up the road.

Struise Ypres.

A wonderfully soft, but yet puckery and complex Belgian oud bruin that is vastly underrated.

Followed by the delightful TREAT, an imperial chocolate pumpkin porter from the creative folks at Midnight Sun.

Edited by Absomphe

Trying Marteau Master's Reserve for the first time! It is definitely unique. Powerfully spiced even at about a 5:1 dilution. Probably the most wormwood-forward of anything I've tried thus far (though my boyfriend says he still can't pick up anything but anise; it seems like he is weirdly sensitive to anise, though). Very nice!

Sounds kinky.

Did you make it squeal like a pig?

New Belgium La Terroir last night.

A perfect blending of the sour and IPA styles. :thumbup:

Epic Ales Bay.

A Belgian style porter brewed with oysters.

At least as offbeat as their other oyster offering, Bottom of the Sea, this one adds a fruity character to the smoky, briny sourness.

Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

Amber made up a multi-citrus/white rum drink that's very refreshing.

Trying Marteau Master's Reserve for the first time! It is definitely unique. Powerfully spiced even at about a 5:1 dilution. Probably the most wormwood-forward of anything I've tried thus far (though my boyfriend says he still can't pick up anything but anise; it seems like he is weirdly sensitive to anise, though). Very nice!

I'm a fan of it as well. The Master's Reserve upgrade is a subtle one, but very nice.

1 Enigma Verte de Fougerolles, 1 Leopold Bros. Verte, and 2 snorks of bing cherry moonshine :twitchsmile:

I once had a sample of some hg tart cherry liqueur that was amazing. Probably not from the same maker, but what I had was delish.

I'm having some Vilya Verte to help decompress a stressful couple of daze. :cheers: