DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Your welcome Redwun, thanks for drinking me out of house and home! ;) Hope there wasn't too much traffic on the way home.

Serious congrats on the graduation, and redefining your life with a new career in the medical field! Not an easy thing to pull off in mid-stream as an adult. Respect.

Edited by Scott M.

a Vesper... white light in a glass.

A man after my own heart! :cheers:

Tonight it's Bronze Ale from The Celt Experience Brewery. Glad I picked it up on a whim!

Canoe Paddler for me. The last of a sample bottle of Silvertip for Julie. Early morning, we barrel-ass from Indiana back to Memphis to catch our flight home to Montana. It has been a very successful tour but I miss the wonderful ale, the cooler temperatures, Danny-the-tomato-eater and everything that makes it home. Cheers, Y'all.

After a painful day at the Front Royal DMV today, it's Caorunn and tonics tonight. Interesting little botanical Scottish gin. Better than I thought it'd be. Hadn't heard of it before today. Cute little interesting shaped bottle too.

Just some of the lavender Dry soda for me, but I keep thinking I should go downstairs and stir in a little gin...

A Dry Martini garnished with a lemon twist (No.3 Gin and Dolin Dry). Followed up by A classic Martini for a more round experience. I have been leaning toward more classic martini proportions for a while but I love both equally.

Edited by Cajun Magic

Finally refused to pay supermarket prices and hit the local produce spot. 4x the lemons and 5x the limes for the same price. So first, a Wood Eye Cocktail, and on to my long time favorite Mai Tai. Still a favorite as it's an improvement on the Wood Eye. If I make it to a real Hurricane I may not be functioning since it's a simple 2 oz. lemon juice, 2 oz. passion fruit, and 4 oz. of rum; probably Mt. Gay XO since my old, old bottle of Zacapa 23 is getting low and I don't think todays is quite the same that it used to be.

Wood Eye Cocktail

1 ½ oz Jamaican rum (Appleton V/X)
¾ oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
½ oz orgeat
½ oz Don’s Mix
½ oz Pusser’s rum
a float of Lemon Hart 151 rum

Shake
all but the Lemon Hart over ice and strain into your favorite tiki mug
or an old fashioned glass with fresh cubes. Carefully float enough Lemon
Hart 151 on top to give it a discernable layer about as thick as two
American quarters or, for our British friends, a one-pound coin. Sip the
drink through the top layer and repeat as necessary.
Edited by techdiver

We're holding a rum tasting and appreciation party tonight at our place. Roughly 15 rum expressions (obviously folks- self included- won't get to try them all), with measured 1oz tasters, and 'official' scorecards (thanks, Shabba).

Also, Caribbean-themed cuisine and music, of course. :-)

Oddly, my wife has a picture of her little yorkie, Hobbes, cocking his head in an inquisitive way, and she MIMED it "But... why is the rum gone?"

954817_10152814522685389_675639245_n.jpg

(Also, if you don't watch your glass, the little bugger IS known for sneaking a lick or two... little bastard.)

In case anyone missed why the rum is gone:

The Bruery's fifth anniversary bourbon barrel aged Old Ale.

Insanely complex (myriad fruits, chocolate, bourbon, port, sherry, vanilla, and a surprise kick of sprightly hoppiness in the endless finish) example of the style, and a very, very slow sipper.

Puts me in mind of a slightly trimmer Sam Adams Millennium, or the very big, more complex brother of Fremont Bourbon Abominable.

If you can find a couple of bottles, drink one now, and cellar one for a few years, at least.