DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I had a cheese pizza...it was classy. The Chocolate Box wines aren't too bad...they look kinda tacky, but there are a few nice wines in the collection.

300x300.jpg

Hey everyone, I am curious to know what you all use in your Sazeracs? I've been experimenting with a wide variety of ingredients. So far my favorite Sazerac is made with Thomas Handy Rye, Bitter Truth Creole bitters, and Jade N.O. Today I am using Pierre Ferrand 1840, a few days ago I tried the Pierre Ferrand Selection Des Anges with L'Ancienne. The Sazerac has so many different profiles! Even a Sazerac made with Old Overholt, Peychaud, and Herbsaint is a treat!

Edited by Deluge

Nope...you found the correct mixture (Thomas Handy/Jade NO). Congrats, you can stop trying combinations now. :clap:

I've been thinking about the Marteau I got a month or two ago. I really like it. Sun is starting to sink a bit, and the front porch is cooling off. No 'skeeters yet. Time to stop thinking.

Malacca and tonic. Love it.

Thomas Handy Rye, Bitter Truth Creole bitters, and Jade N.O. ... Pierre Ferrand 1840.

I guess there's no sense in me keeping my Sazerac ingredients a secret anymore since you use the same ones. I was just recently introduced to the Thomas Handy Rye as well.

Lemon twist helps brighten up the otherwise heavy drink if you feel like switching from the traditional orange, and going 50/50 or so with the Rye and Cognac isn't a bad idea either.

:cheers:

A really nice Negroni with Greylock Ethereal gin (batch #4), Atsby Armadillo Cake vermouth, and Campari--up, orange twist.

Good to see you, Bill!