DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Jade PF 1901. Breakin' out the good stuff 'cause it's the begining of VACATION!!! Off to Seattle, the land of Pacifique and Marteau! WHOOHOO!!! Looking forward to taking a tour of Pacific Distillery and having my first absinthe served in a USDA bona fied BAR!

Edited by Manray

Okay, my wife bought me grande absente years ago which ultimately got me to where I am now. But that bottle lingered for years... Until tonight. We had a surprise birthday party for my in laws and had some champagne left over (actually just asti). I decided to do a low rent Hemingway death in the afternoon and finish out the bottle of Grande. Finished off that shit in style, yo!

Yes, I'm drunk. But at least the Grande is finally gone!

Edited by King_Stannis

Deschutes Class of '88 Imperial Smoked Porter

Off-white head, deep ruby brown hue, strong smoky aroma (almost reminiscent of lapsang souchong tea) with nice chocolate underpinnings. Taste is similar, and the body is silky, and almost creamy, particularly for a porter. The finish is lengthy and the smoke clings to the palate much like the lovely lacing clings to the sides of the glass. Despite the definite smoky leanings, this never crosses over into campfire or ashtray territory. It reminds me of the assertive, but almost elegant, Schlenkerla Rauchbier.

Delicious.

King_Stannis you are one hell of a man! :bguitar:

Currently drinking El Peñasco Mescal (Mezcal). It's lovely stuff.

Edited by Cajun Magic

North Coast Brewing's Class of '88 Barleywine.

No Old Numbskull, Old Horizontal, or Mother of All Storms, but pretty good.

I've been thinking about giving that one a try, but I'm afraid it'll taste even more burnt™ than their standard RIS has for the past couple of years.

Pliny the Elder.

Edited by Absomphe

Burnt

Reminded me of the last time I changed the oil on my old stump pulling truck and jailhouse coffee. Poured about the same. Other than that, I wouldn't know the difference. . But it's a helluva wicked brew.

Coney Island Human Blockhead "Imperial American Bock" from Schmaltz Brewing (10% ABV).

Zubrowka + iced green tea.

I'm thinking about a glass of Tenneyson to finish the night.

Cheers!

Coffee and absinthe... In different drinking vessels of course! Sumatra. Vert Suisse. L'Ancienne. Cloudy morning in Mineral Point.

I actually sinked the Southampton, and opened a Stone Enjoy By 7-04-13 IPA.

The following description is from Jason of Beer Advocate onacuz I agree with it wholeheartedly...

"SMELL: Ruby red grapefruit, Asian pear, evergreen, tobacco, fresh cut grass, lemon pith crackers, clean alcohol

TASTE: Medium bodied, smooth, a little slick, hop bitterness, warming alcohol, grassy, pithy, hop resin, guava, peppery, rose water, nutty grain, estery, long hoppy finish".

The only thing I might add is that nose also contains more than a hint of high grade hash oil in its very complex array of scents. :twitchsmile:

This beer is really amazing, and gets mega-points for originality.

The best Stone product I've tasted since forever.

Edited by Absomphe

Coffee and absinthe... In different drinking vessels of course! Sumatra. Vert Suisse. L'Ancienne. Cloudy morning in Mineral Point.

A splash of absinthe in black coffee is a glorious thing on lazy mornings.

I dropped an oz. of La Clandestine into an ice cold glass of Tropical Rhythms Sorrel (hibiscus) Ginger drink.I never had a rouge,but the idea is what inspired me to try this.Pretty good,I'll try it again on a really hot day.I bet some freshly bruised mint leaves would have been good in this.

post-3752-0-63712000-1370819847_thumb.jpg

Edited by redwun

Bourbon Abominable, in celebration of my evil twin's (hopefully) hedonistic birthday. :dev-cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

Indeed, hedonism is in full swing at monkey's house... although the absinthe is only just now starting to flow.

It got a late start, but it'll be flowing for hours and hours now that it's begun. :biggrin:

:dev-cheers:

Malacca and tonic. Great stuff.