DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Evil Twin Naked Lunch in a Copenhagen Heavenly Resto Imperial Stout.

Too many werdz™.

Very dry, very roasty, very coffeeish, very heavy on the bitter chocolate, pumpernickel, raisin, tobacco and leather.

A little too heavy on the roast to be a favorite of mine, but definitely worth trying.

Dogfish Head Etrusca Bronze Ale.

Yet another eccentric ancient ale recreation from America's most eccentric brewery.

Party on! :thumbup:

Also just watched a replay of the Sergio Martinez/Martin Murray fight.

Congrats on another crappily called bout, "judges". :thumbdown:

Pacifique. After going through quite a few bottles in the 4 years since its release, still soooo good. In fact as others have pointed out, even betterer.

Damn, emptied the Solerno bottle while in the tub.

I need some food and something green... though, maybe not in that order.

Ooooh, speaking of orders. (No, I don't suppose we were.) I need to order more Solerno. Maybe throw a bottle or 2 of something green in there as well. Haven't had a bottle of VP for a while and that stuff is so sweet, to me it's like candy.

Maybe I should eat before I put in a booze order... maybe. :shifty:

(Since I'm rambling anyway, Hey, my most adored twin. Luv ya! :heart: :devil: )

Hey, twin...What is this "rambling", of which you speak? :paperbag3:

Right back at ya, darlin'! :dev-cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

OK,here goes,but I'm no Michael Meyers......I noticed the '12 had a faint sweetness to it that I don't get from the'11.It's also not quite as heavy.It still tastes like I'm drinking an antique absinthe,but it's not as "musty" (pardon the expression) as the '11.They have some real differences,but I can't say I like one over the other.I think the'12 might win some people over who didn't care for the last batch though.The '12 is from a sample that a member here was kind enough to send me,I didn't buy any of the '12.

Edited by redwun

Sounds right to me. Good description. I find the '12 way smoother. Perhaps the aged base is really blending well with everything else going on. I get more oak from the '12 batch. I would say I like aspects of all the batches, but the '12 is my favorite of the three years I tasted L'Ancienne. Course I have not had the '10 in some time and it really was good. Tough seeing the level drop in the bottle too seeing that I can't just go order more.

Edited by greytail

.I noticed the '12 had a faint sweetness to it, also not quite as heavy. it's not as "musty" as the '11.

That's about it. And the note I noticed as astringent seems toned down as well, providing a more balanced drink I believe.

While I was one to bitch about the astringency in the '11, I kinda miss it in the '12.

Having some La Grenouille water on the trail today. Where I work caught fire last week so I'm getting to use some of my personal time to enjoy this fine mountain spring.

Malacca and tonic (since Brian Robinson didn't leave a "cold one" on my doorstep after getting home from the airport and all, like he said he would). Don't trust him. I deserved that "cold one", Brian. I did. Mother Nature was not kind to me this week and you promised me a "cold one". Do I need to look for the promised "cold one" by the garage or back deck?