DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

BRAVO my good man! :cheers:

i have a really hard time trying to find music for a video. where do you get such great music that isn't tied to a copy right?

Edited by Todd

Thanks Todd, they're fun to do. Just standard youtube enhancement tracks. I prefer to use vimeo, but right now the enhancer there is not working for me.

That glass of VS was followed by a L'Ancienne and an Obsello II.

Tonight..., a smidge more absinthe. :cheers:

Last night, found some Ridge Verte and Brevans H.R. Giger at a random French themed bar in my buddy's neighborhood.

I've been on board with the Ridge Blanche, but honestly wasn't sure what to make of Ridge Verte- something reminded me too much of L'Italienne(!) when buddhasynth gave me a taste of the first newly opened CO release- but now, I totally get it!

The Brevans Giger was a good revisit (it was my 4th absinthe ever), if this was a legit U.S./Tempus Fugit release, it definitely surpasses the U.S. bottle of badly star anisified Duplais I had not too long ago. Though the Brevans A.O Spare is my current favorite Matter offering by far.

Tonight: Negroni with Voyager.

U.S. bottle of badly star anisified Duplais I had not too long ago.

I haven't had a bad bottle of Duplais yet.I bought a backup bottle about a year ago (still unopened).Hopefully it's not like you describe.

Tonight is a special night... My wife's mother and brother are flying in this afternoon (1st time in 2 years) so tonight, I'll be hosting my 1st absinthe tasting. I only have 5 to offer, but it'll be their 1st time, so I think it should be interesting.

Tonight's choices are: Marteau, Pacifique, Mansinthe, Vieux Pontarlier & Obsello II. This is 1st time I've felt excitement over a visit from the in-laws!

:cheerz:

Rangpur with a bit(ters) of Peychaud's.

Rangpur with a bit(ters) of Peychaud's.

Mendocino Imperial Barleywine Ale. My first. Not great but not bad. And at 11% it'll sneak up on ya.

Old Stock ale is a barley wine style which is quite good. Great Divide makes Old Ruffian if memory serves me. Also good. I like Fullers vintage, but at the price, I don't get it as much anymore.

Midnight Sun Arctic Devil, and Firestone Walker Sucaba are two terrific barrel aged examples of the style.

Edited by Absomphe

Midnight Sun Arctic Devil, and Firestone Walker Sucaba are two terrific barrel aged examples of the style.

While I can't get them where I'm at, I know NY carries the Firestone Walker beers and I intend to make use of that availability while up this summer.

After a long day of chainsawing and underbrushing an Ayinger Celebrator dopplebock followed by a Skullsplitter is hitting me right where I need it to most.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to drink, but then I logged on here. La Grenouille it is!

It's Jade Esprit Edouard tonight, which I haven't sipped for a couple of months. The wife is enjoying Cuervo 1800. I might take a bit of a tour this evening. The Eddy, then perhaps to the west coast with Marteau and/or Pacifique, maybe following up with a La Clandestine?

Yea, Manray's got his drinking socks on tonight. (Line courtesy of "My Favorite Year".)

Scored some pretty rare Tanqueray Malacca in a Kuntry state-run liquor store here in VA. First with just tonic and now with 5-10 dashes of Peychaud's. Trust me. It works. Feeling good here.