DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

8 oz. of Lucid served neat in a wine glass for $8 after a fine seafood dinner in Clearwater Beach. What the hell, it was on the menu, and the ice was free. Now it's on to my own bottle of Obsello II.

:cheers:

Deschutes Black Butte XXIV Imperial Porter brewed with daglet dates, mission figs, and artianal dark chocolate nibs.

Fairly viscous deep mahogany/brown pour with a small off-white head. Slightly syrupy body that coats the mouth with raisins, dates, figs, prunes, rummy notes, deep, dark chocolate, and a finish that is quite bittersweet. Flirts with being cloying, at times, but manages to avoid it.

Another Excellent effort from Deschutes, and a fine companion to The Abyss.

I always try to save enough for the shipping discount, but it's pretty rare when I do...maybe once or twice a year.

It's gonna be a Martini night in Montana. If anyone is in the neighborhood, stop by. I make a pretty mean Martini, if I say so myself.

Butterfly. And what a fitting name. The finish is lingering with a nice 'spark', that feels like butterflies on your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Thicker'n hell louche with a light aroma for such a flavorful absinthe. Moving on to the Boggy #4. Not having had 1,2 or three and having nothing to go by, all I can say is you owe it to yourself to try it. It's damn good. And while were at it finish out with a Zubrsinthe. Just to be consistent. :cheerz:

It's gonna be a Martini night in Montana. If anyone is in the neighborhood, stop by. I make a pretty mean Martini, if I say so myself.

Damn, I wish I were there. :heart: :cheers: .

What I assume to be a newer bottling of Vieux Pontarlier (L3412 - may mean nothing) that's really good.

It's official. The bottle of Ridge Verte that I bought to take to the Catskills gathering won't be there. There's only enough for two more glasses; both are being consumed tonight. Joe and Jules...next time I'll order it the week BEFORE, and not 2 months early.

Good thing Julie has more in the shop up there!

Black Butte XXI Imperial Porter on tap.

After three years of aging, this stuff is as amazing as The Abyss.

Black Butte XXIV today.

Perhaps a bit sweeter than it needs to be, but, damn, those dates, figs, and dark chocolate nibs are delicious.

Last night I got to try both Angelique and Roquette. They're damn tasty, and I really enjoyed them both. :wub:

Yup. The Angelique is nowhere as bitter as it was in the past, though CAB still uses wormwood in the coloration.

He suggests sugar with it. I like it best with 1/2 a sugar-cube. I hear it is coming to the States, as is Butterfly.

Edited by Scott M.

Whoa, yeah. In reading through the reviews, that's nothing like what I tasted. It was very smooth and fresh.

It's really been weird going through and reviewing a bunch of the brands I've been missing...it seems like a handful have gotten better with time (as they should, as a distiller improves), others aren't nearly as good with the current absinthe market, but would definitely have been remarkable a few years ago.