DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

That ain't too bad Joe, When I have the time I'm going to take a stab at Homebrewing! Oh and Narwhal it's worth a wait; I was in your place until VERY RECENTLY. It just popped up on the shelves and I seized the opportunity. :biggrin:

Just fixed up a Corpse Reviver #2. :thumbup: Sooner or later I'll tackle the Ramos Gin Fizz. B)

Edited by Cajun Magic

I've been meaning to try the Narwhal but haven't gotten around to it, yet.

Damn tasty, but it ain't no Ivan the Terrible.

Rochefort 10 today.

After spending the afternoon splitting wood for the winter, a few glasses of Fontaine. Then with dinner I'll move onto a growler of "Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale" .

Got my L'Ancienne 2012 today, having a glass before a bit of resting. Already quite nice tasting, though I'm recovering from a cold, this strikingly similar to a Jade VS Tremblement de Terre.

I should perhaps say, -TJ- and Sage, that as a Swede I'm six to nine hours ahead of any Americans. So I didn't actually start to tipple early in the morning.

Not all Americans!

Oh, no. Of course not. I made kind of a simplified (and even a bit silly) statement, only referring to mainland USA. :paperbag3:

Edited by SethP

Brainless on Peaches Belgian strong ale aged on French oak.

Nice peachy flavor, vanilla, oak, pepper, sandalwood, and undefined spiciness.

Pretty damned decent, but not the sour ale I was hoping for.

Spent the afternoon puttering about the gardens. Pulled wayward A.a. and cut back the dead on some genepi plants while Joe tilled an expansion to the already cumbersome pontica patch and started work on our experimental Angelica patch. It was a perfect day. Partaking of the house verte to ease sore muscles. Did I mention that it is a perfect day? Why, yes, yes it is.

Making Silvertip in the distillery and boiling wort in the garden. More garden work in the down times. Who says guys can't multi-task!

My muscles will be screaming for more of the house swill before this day is done. Damn tillers... :cheerz:

I should be sampling a very local and sessionable™ rye pale ale on this unseasonably mild day, but I think I hear the Speedway Stout calling...

Working on the Sabbath, Joe? Working...Sabbath...Put Sabbath on while you work!! Silvertip sounds good. Just need my parcel to arrive and I'll be set.

Greytail's oatmeal stout sounds good. And Larsy's ouzo. All the drinks...I want them.

Had a Samuel Smith apricot fruit beer yesterday, so if the oatmeal stout is to my liking I might have found a brewing company to rival some other favorites of mine. That is good.

Working on the Sabbath, Joe?

What work? I made spirits and worked closely with Mother Earth, moving hundreds of baby pontica rhizomes to a new home. :laugh: No one could seriously call this work although my back muscles have a definite twinge going on. Julie and I enjoyed a wonderful day in the sun and now, that well-earned glass of House Verte is...honestly...pretty damn good.

To the Luba Tribe's first female spirit. :cheers: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art65384.asp

Try the Imperial, if you can find it.

It's kinda weak for the style at only 7% abv, but it's also damn tasty.

Edited by Absomphe

Tonight we're doing a variation of "Lebowski-Fest" with some friends, so it will be White Russians - to start.

After reading the above posts, I'm also convinced that I need to grab a 4 pack or two of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. It's been too long since I've had a really nice beer, and SSOS is a favorite. Yesterday, my cousin offered me a (please, be gentle...) a bud light. Man, If he wasn't blood, I doubt very highly he would've enjoyed my new storage suggestion for him - but to be nice, I took it. That will NOT be happening again.

Edited by -TJ-